Evangelical right faces conundrum at polls in Nov.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
So, when it comes to Obama, I've heard the term anti-Christ being thrown around quite a bit since his election--even on this forum. It would seem to me that the traditional evangelical will face one hell of a decision in November if Romney gets the GOP nod. On one hand we have the incumbent who supports choice, gay marriage......And then we have Mitt, a mormon whose polytheist belief seem to be anti-Christ by its very meaning. Just an observation.

Zguy28

So, when it comes to Obama, I've heard the term anti-Christ being thrown around quite a bit since his election--even on this forum. It would seem to me that the traditional evangelical will face one hell of a decision in November if Romney gets the GOP nod. On one hand we have the incumbent who supports choice, gay marriage......And then we have Mitt, a mormon whose polytheist belief seem to be anti-Christ by its very meaning. Just an observation.
When Ron Paul didn't get the nom, I voted for Chuck Baldwin in 2008. Me and 199,313 others.

Hessian

Is the Constitution party intact??? I DID vote,...then throw my passions behind the TEA party. I do NOT look forward to pulling the lever for any of the final 4. I do want the kenyan out no matter what. I actually would prefer impeachment procedures begining tomorrow. Unfortunately we have gutless Eunichs in the HR/Senate who do NOT put our country/constitution first.

libby

Hadn't thought of the condundrum for folks like IS and SM. Obama, who professes to be a Christian and therefore is saved and right up there with these two in his holiness in the sight of God. Jesus has covered Obama's sins with His Blood and they don't matter. And, after all, we can't judge him by what he does, because those things are only works, and Obama isn't saved or not saved because of his works.
Then we have the LDS candidate who confesses "another Jesus", who's works could be considered good, but again, it doesn't matter because of this "other Jesus."
What to do...what to do...
:coffee:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Hadn't thought of the condundrum for folks like IS and SM. Obama, who professes to be a Christian and therefore is saved and right up there with these two in his holiness in the sight of God. Jesus has covered Obama's sins with His Blood and they don't matter. And, after all, we can't judge him by what he does, because those things are only works, and Obama isn't saved or not saved because of his works.
Then we have the LDS candidate who confesses "another Jesus", who's works could be considered good, but again, it doesn't matter because of this "other Jesus."

While one is not saved by works, one is judged by their actions.
Matthew 7:16-23

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? 17 So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 So then, you will know them by their fruits.

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’
I am not the judge of Obama's salvation, but his support of killing unborn babies and other non Christian actions makes me suspicious. I think He will have to account for that before God.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

It is a problem.

Pastor at Santorum rally: Americans won’t vote for Mormon president, Mormon church is racist | Post on Politics

“You can look at the June Gallup poll that shows the people have already spoken – 22 percent of the electorate will not vote for a Mormon,” Dozier said. “The American people will not vote for a Mormon to be president of the United States.”

Dozier, who is black, said a Republican will need at least 10 percent of the black vote to win the presidency.

“Blacks are not going to vote for anyone of the Mormon faith,” Dozier said. “The book of Mormon says the Negro skin is cursed.”

libby

While one is not saved by works, one is judged by their actions.

I am not the judge of Obama's salvation, but his support of killing unborn babies and other non Christian actions makes me suspicious. I think He will have to account for that before God.

But it's not for IS and SM to judge, therefore they either vote for the "Christian" who does evil, or the "other Jesus" who does good.

libby

exactly what Gods do you think the mormans believe in?

LDS believe that God the Father and Jesus Christ are two separate personages. God the Father is our God, and Jesus is His Son that redeemed us, but not a god in His own right. (well, at least not of this world) Their prayers are directed to God the Father alone, and they would never pray to Jesus.
Not saying it's wrong (although it's not my belief), just trying to offer clarification on the fundamentalist position.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
LDS believe that God the Father and Jesus Christ are two separate personages. God the Father is our God, and Jesus is His Son that redeemed us, but not a god in His own right. (well, at least not of this world) Their prayers are directed to God the Father alone, and they would never pray to Jesus.
Not saying it's wrong (although it's not my belief), just trying to offer clarification on the fundamentalist position.

If they're not separate, Jesus is his own father and knocked up his mother

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

aps45819 said:

If they're not separate, Jesus is his own father and knocked up his mother

There is no place for logic in religion.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
The issue is: who can make the Obamination "one and done" in November. I can't speak for Obama's salvation status but, his actions seriously dictate that he isn't saved. As 2A said, God has to call that one. If he is saved, he's in for some serious butt kicking on J Day.

Having said all that, the issue with me is the same as it has been since the Bush 1 era: I, again, have to choose a less than qualified man for President. As of now I'm still uncertain of who I'd vote for but I still have until September.

Now, to save America, I WILL vote for whoever the "R" candidate is in the General Election; WE ALL MUST or the Obamination wins! We can vote our consciences in September but we cannot in November...

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Jesus and the Father ARE 2 separate personages :confused:

Btw; What's wrong with praying to Jesus?

Mormons believe in a radically different "god" than Christians do. They also say that Jesus & Satan were created beings AND are brothers. :yikes: