Event for National Pit Bull Awareness Day

frequentflier

happy to be living
From the Humane Society of Calvert County:
DATE: Saturday Oct 23, 2010
PLACE: North Beach Fire Dept
TIME: 11AM-3PM
Do you own and love Pit Bulls? Do you often wonder how and why they could have gotten such a bad rap? Are you able to help us spread the good word and educate the community about their loving temperament and loyalty? If so, please join us as we sponsor National Pit Bull Awareness Day.
Please bring your pit bull or other canine companions to this great event. There will be a pitty costume contest 1:00pm-2:00pm, 50/50 raffles, chinese auction, giveaways, door prizes and much more....
Training Sessions by: Training by Julie 11:15am-11:30am 11:45am-12:00pm and 12:15pm-12:30pm.
HSCC available Pit Bull Adoption Parade 2:15pm to 3:30pm, food, drinks. Vendors joining us on this day include: The Humane Society of The United States (HSUS), Pepper's Pet Pantry, Interlude Kennels, Training By Julie, Jill Lee, Pet Valu, Luv My Pet Vet Services will offer low cost vaccinations. You can vaccinate your dog in less than 10 minutes that includes a well check. For more information please visit their website Pet Vaccinations: Dog Vaccines, Cat Vaccines at Luv My Pet - Petco.
ALL dogs must be on solid leashes (no retractable leads allowed), must have a current Rabies vaccine and all male pits attending this event must be neutered. No Entry Fee. Donations accepted.
We look forward to seeing you and all of the HSCC adopted pit bulls and their families. If you would like to serve as a vendor, please contact Kirstyn at northrop-cobb@comcast.net

frequentflier

happy to be living
Do you own and love Pit Bulls? Do you often wonder how and why they could have gotten such a bad rap? Are you able to help us spread the good word and educate the community about their loving temperament and loyalty? If so, please join us as we sponsor National Pit Bull Awareness Day.
Please bring your pit bull or other canine companions to this great event. There will be a pitty costume contest 1:00pm-2:00pm, 50/50 raffles, chinese auction, giveaways, door prizes and much more....
Training Sessions by: Training by Julie 11:15am-11:30am 11:45am-12:00pm and 12:15pm-12:30pm.
HSCC available Pit Bull Adoption Parade 2:15pm to 3:30pm, food, drinks. Vendors joining us on this day include: The Humane Society of The United States (HSUS), Pepper's Pet Pantry, Interlude Kennels, Training By Julie, Jill Lee, Pet Valu, Luv My Pet Vet Services will offer low cost vaccinations. You can vaccinate your dog in less than 10 minutes that includes a well check. For more information please visit their website Pet Vaccinations: Dog Vaccines, Cat Vaccines at Luv My Pet - Petco.
ALL dogs must be on solid leashes (no retractable leads allowed), must have a current Rabies vaccine and all male pits attending this event must be neutered. No Entry Fee. Donations accepted.
We look forward to seeing you and all of the HSCC adopted pit bulls and their families. If you would like to serve as a vendor, please contact Kirstyn at northrop-cobb@comcast.net

BuMp

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
Second Hope Rescue will be there along with Daisy and Konan who are looking for families to love!

Attachments

• Daisy.jpg
    Daisy.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Konan.jpg
    Konan.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 78

navigator

Second Hope Rescue will be there along with Daisy and Konan who are looking for families to love!

Second Hope has many wonderful and loving Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mixes!

Meet Chyna, Faith, Polly and Patches and Chopper!

Attachments

• Chyna 3.jpg
    Chyna 3.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Faith.jpg
    Faith.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Polly.jpg
    Polly.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Patches 3.jpg
    Patches 3.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Chopper 4.jpg
    Chopper 4.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 115

frequentflier

happy to be living

BuMp

solidsison

Oh yeah such a good breed, bread purely as a fighter in DNA and that's all it will ever be good for. Wanna change the minds of millions? Get its Genome Mapped and make it public so the whole world can see what we already know. Until then stop trying to give the breed a good rap because this is a hostile breed that should be on the dangerous animal list.

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
Oh yeah such a good breed, bread purely as a fighter in DNA and that's all it will ever be good for. Wanna change the minds of millions? Get its Genome Mapped and make it public so the whole world can see what we already know. Until then stop trying to give the breed a good rap because this is a hostile breed that should be on the dangerous animal list.

everyone's entitled to their opinion....I don't love them, but don't hate them either....it's not the dog....it's the dogs owner that is the cause and turnout of bad dogs....in my opinion that is.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
OK here it is, tell me where the fighter gene is in it.

Ok it's really a bacteria, but it shows that the poster doesn't really know what he's asking for

Attachments

• Genome_Map 1.jpg
    Genome_Map 1.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 98

frequentflier

happy to be living

There are good and bad in every breed of dog.

May I add: in every breed and mixed breed in the human race as well.

TurboK9

I wonder if there is a 'Troll' marker in your genome....

Aint it great when people who don't know crap about genetics toss around words like DNA and Genome? :roflmao:

Cowgirl

:lmao:

solidsison

I wonder if there is a 'Troll' marker in your genome....

Aint it great when people who don't know crap about genetics toss around words like DNA and Genome? :roflmao:

ouch, can u use some lube next time on me?

I just have bad experience with them, course its not worth talking about. But I guess if I was on the computer all day posting some 3,500 or so threads I would probably be a smartass too. How much practice does it take to be a glorified blogger?
:confused:

TurboK9

ouch, can u use some lube next time on me?

I just have bad experience with them, course its not worth talking about. But I guess if I was on the computer all day posting some 3,500 or so threads I would probably be a smartass too. How much practice does it take to be a glorified blogger?
:confused:

Very little. I'd hardly consider 6 or 7 one sentence posts a day, and few long ones a week, "blogging". That consumes, what, maybe 20-30 minutes a day?

I figure the alternative is what, sitting on facebook playing 'farm' games all day? Or being glued to an Xbox or PS3 without ever having to spwan a create thought? Maybe going to the bar an drinking?

Rather than that, I post now and then here... convenient as my fulltime job has me on a PC all day anyway, dontcha think? I can also multitask which means, not only can I walk and chew gum simulateously, but also watch the tv and hit this forum at the same time. Following that, a good deal of my remaining time centers around dog training and behavior... Which, it seems, gives me a bit more insite into the 'pitbull' and canine genetics than some random poster with 27 posts in 4 years.

So, are you a troll, troll MPD, or do you just type really really slowly?