Eventing in MD

kmbetit

K Betit
Hey Guys,
So i'm looking for a place to start doing some eventing. Looked at Fair Hill, they have some Unrec. starter events at the end of June (which I will not make it to), and then some at the end of October. But, I was hoping to find something in July/August.

We've gone up to Fair Hill for practice, but never for an actual event, so i'm looking for something more on the smaller/local-ish side.

Does anyone know of anything?

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
June 29, Waredaca Starter Trials, Elementary through Training, closing date June 20 -- Waredaca

July 12-13, Loch Moy Farm recognized trials, Beginner Novice through Training, closing date June 24 -- USEA - Jul 12-14, 2008 The Maryland H.T. at Loch Moy Farm

July 18, Olde Hope Starter Trials, Elementary through Novice, closing date July 1 -- Olde Hope Farms - Evening Shade Horse Trial Series

July 19-20, Loch Moy Farm recognized trials, Elementary through Training, closing date June 24 -- USEA - Jul 19-20, 2008 The Maryland H.T. at Loch Moy Farm

August 3, Olney Horse recognized trails, Beginner Novice through Training -- USEA - Aug 03, 2008 Olney H.T.

August 9-10, Fair Hill International recognized trials, Novice through Intermediate -- USEA - Aug 09-10, 2008 Fair Hill International H.T.

August 15, Olde Hope Starter trials, Elementary through Novice -- Olde Hope Farms - Evening Shade Horse Trial Series

August 23-24, Difficult Run recognized trials, Beginner Novice through Preliminary -- USEA - Aug 23-24, 2008 Difficult Run Fall H.T.

September 14, Olney Farm unrecognized trails, Elementary through Novice -- Olney Farm is an eventing-oriented facility

September 20-21, Marlborough recognized Horse Trials, Beginner Novice through Preliminary -- USEA - 2008 Provisional Calendar & Omnibus

October 5, Olde Hope Starter trials, Elementary through Novice -- Olde Hope Farms - Evening Shade Horse Trial Series

October 11-12, Loch Moy Farm recognized Horse Trials, Novice through Intermediate -- USEA - 2008 Provisional Calendar & Omnibus

October 19, MCTA Jenny Camp -- Jenny Camp HT

October 22-26, Waredaca recognized Trials, Novice through Preliminary -- USEA - 2008 Provisional Calendar & Omnibus

November 2, Waredaca Starter Trials, Elementary through Novice -- Waredaca

Alright so that's every event on my calendar haha. You can also look on this page: USEA - 2008 Provisional Calendar & Omnibus to view zome more recognized events. The ones I posted above are relatively local I suppose, being maybe a maximum (or so) of 2 hours away from me in the northern Calvert County area.
You can also look at this page: USEA - Search Events by Zip Code to search for recognized events however many miles away from your zip code. Also for the recognized events, you and your horse have to join the United States Eventing Association. Not sure if you knew that or not, but there you have it! If you have any more questions feel free to fire them at me, or anybody else. :howdy:

devinej

dang that's a lot

if you want something really small, equilibrium horse center up in gamrills is having a combined test around july 20th i do believe

SayDLvr01

Bubbalicious!
I was talking to Sandy Sweikar today at the De La Brooke Jumper Derby and she said to register with MDCTA for events....i think. Maybe it was MDTCA. Something like that. She said to make sure not to forget the D, or you'll be looking up Maine events. But I don't know, I think I'm just bad at remembering acronyms

Duckz

I was talking to Sandy Sweikar today at the De La Brooke Jumper Derby and she said to register with MDCTA for events....i think. Maybe it was MDTCA. Something like that. She said to make sure not to forget the D, or you'll be looking up Maine events. But I don't know, I think I'm just bad at remembering acronyms

Yay! I'm glad some more AMIT people want to do this stuff :yahoo: Bubba and Lincoln are going to rock the eventing :lmao:

Sparks

Yay! I'm glad some more AMIT people want to do this stuff :yahoo: Bubba and Lincoln are going to rock the eventing :lmao:

Oh, I'm sure Lincoln would be awesome (sorry, don't know bubba)

Did you take Lincoln to the jumper derby yesterday?

Duckz

Oh, I'm sure Lincoln would be awesome (sorry, don't know bubba)

Did you take Lincoln to the jumper derby yesterday?

No, but I stopped by for the early divisions and it seemed like the kids and horses were having lots of fun. I hope they're doing more stuff there this summer, it's a really nice facility.

Lincoln's hind leg is a little swollen still from Tuesday, so no jumping until that goes down.

bosox

something in July/August

you'll melt unless you do something like Olde Hope's Evening Shade series.

the list that you were given is great...if you haven't been out before--I'd start w/the unrec. shows. The ones on the list are well run and safe. It will cost you a heck of a lot less.