Ever get just - tired of a show?

PeoplesElbow

I think a lot of it is the show has turned to trash or is just the same thing over and over.

I was a huge fan of lost, but the last season or two were bad, I just kept watching because I was curious what was going on on that damn island.
Also was a fan of Andromeda but that also turned to trash after 4 seasons or so.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Arrow was good for the first couple of seasons, but it started getting preachy and antigun so I had to drop it.

Grumpy

I've gotten kinda hooked on Manifest even tho I can't stand the lead woman actress, but it looks like next season they will really jump the shark, can only hope it doesn't happen. Years past, I was hooked on Prison Break and Timeless. Timeless was discontinued before it got bad and the wrap-up conclusion(released a year or so after it was discontinued) tried to tie up loose ends. Prison Break started repeating itself by season 3 and I believe it was cancelled after that season. Continuing stories seem to lose it after a year or two. Comedy series don't seem to have an overreaching plot that they have to stick to, so they go on and on, if they are good.

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Arrow was good for the first couple of seasons, but it started getting preachy and antigun so I had to drop it.
I dropped it after the first two because the characters became too weak and formulative, with the plot lines doing the same thing.

It had potential at first.

When you can start to predict the shows progression before it unfolds, it's done.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've gotten kinda hooked on Manifest even tho I can't stand the lead woman actress, but it looks like next season they will really jump the shark, can only hope it doesn't happen. Years past, I was hooked on Prison Break and Timeless. Timeless was discontinued before it got bad and the wrap-up conclusion(released a year or so after it was discontinued) tried to tie up loose ends. Prison Break started repeating itself by season 3 and I believe it was cancelled after that season. Continuing stories seem to lose it after a year or two. Comedy series don't seem to have an overreaching plot that they have to stick to, so they go on and on, if they are good.
We started to watch it but haven’t kept up on it. The Good Doctor is good.

Clem72

it always follows the same pattern - an interesting medical, lawyer or cop drama that turns into more or less a night-time soap focusing almost entirely on the relationships between the characters and almost nothing on an actual story line).

Dr. Kelso says take that back.

jrt_ms1995

No. He was Tad Martin.
Didn't Tad have a brother, who, one day, went up into the attic to get some ski equipment, then was never seen or mentioned again? Just there, then not? It was one of the Martin children (and a good, long time ago, too.)

Lump

I had this problem with "This is Us". Absolutely loved it and then after I found out how the father (Jack) died, I had no interest. I think I got sick of the hype. They milked that for a long time!