Evergreen bullshet

Clem72

So got a letter from Evergreen that they are dropping us to once a week pick-up and not lowering prices. So, what other companies do we have around here other than waste management? As an aside, I am convinced WM is some kind of scheme given how ridiculously priced they always are and yet they are everywhere.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Waste Management is no different than a mob organization. We went through hell to get rid of them a couple years ago. We now have a great deal and great service from a mom & pop company called A&B Trucking.

WM was always increasing their rate every year and when we finally got them cut off, they were at $475/month for our dumpster with only one monthly pickup. A&B runs us 150/month for same size dumpster with twice-monthly pickup. HUGE difference.

Clem72

Waste Management is no different than a mob organization. We went through hell to get rid of them a couple years ago. We now have a great deal and great service from a mom & pop company called A&B Trucking.

WM was always increasing their rate every year and when we finally got them cut off, they were at $475/month for our dumpster with only one monthly pickup. A&B runs us 150/month for same size dumpster with twice-monthly pickup. HUGE difference.

Unfortunately as lax as my HOA is, I don't think they will allow me to have a permanent dumpster.

Clem72

So after talking with them on the phone, I am 90% sure they are trying to get me to cancel my service. Apparently for a while they have only offered once a week service to new customers and have charged more for it (only marginally) than I currently pay.

frequentflier

happy to be living
So got a letter from Evergreen that they are dropping us to once a week pick-up and not lowering prices. So, what other companies do we have around here other than waste management? As an aside, I am convinced WM is some kind of scheme given how ridiculously priced they always are and yet they are everywhere.
If you are in Lusby, we use Four Sons for our home. I understand they are hard to get ahold of but we have always been happy with them.
At my old store, waste management was a total nightmare...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm so glad I don't have to deal with trash people. When I had the house I had Goody's (?) and liked them well enough, but I started out with WM and hated their guts. Since then I've had the pleasure of putting my trash in front of my door and the good fairy comes along and makes it disappear. Cost is built into the /apartment lot rent so to me it appears free.

Clem72

:howdy:

And you never know who you will run into! :lol:

I may end up going this route. Unfortunately for me its about an hour+ round trip and I would either need to make frequent trips or get a new vehicle to carry a 96 gallon can.

PeoplesElbow

About once a year I call waste management and tell them I'm considering switching to a cheaper service and they lower my price to match evergreen. They slowly raise the bill back up so I call back.

Before I called I paid 130 quarterly, now I'm paying 77 quarterly.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I may end up going this route. Unfortunately for me its about an hour+ round trip and I would either need to make frequent trips or get a new vehicle to carry a 96 gallon can.
Where the heck do you live?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We had All American and then Evergreen bought them out. I have contacted them at least 3-4 times about getting a new can as ours is about to split in half from them banging it on the truck. They keep telling me to leave out the can and they be by to pick it up and replace it with a new one. Every time, they don't and we still have the cracked one. I actually watched them one day and no wonder it broke. They hooked it up to the machine and it literally flipped the can into the back of the truck, They had to fish it out.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We have a dumpster at work. It's one of our many perks. Before that, Ace was the same way. I try not to abuse the privilege. If I have construction debris or boat restoration waste, I bag it in contractor trash bags and hump it to the convenience center.

SamSpade

Took my trash to the transfer station for years --

Until I didn't have a pickup. We generate way too much trash in a week to load the SUV with that foul smelling stuff.

But Evergreen charges - at least to me - a reasonable cost for once a week pickup and they will do two large containers. Works for me.

glhs837

Power with Control
Took my trash to the transfer station for years --

Until I didn't have a pickup. We generate way too much trash in a week to load the SUV with that foul smelling stuff.

But Evergreen charges - at least to me - a reasonable cost for once a week pickup and they will do two large containers. Works for me.

Same here. but I bought a used "hitchpacker" platform, lets me load up the six-eight 13 gallon bags. and then hurl them straight from that thing into the bin at the transfer station.

phreddyp

Been there and have done the same thing !

SamSpade

Same here. but I bought a used "hitchpacker" platform, lets me load up the six-eight 13 gallon bags. and then hurl them straight from that thing into the bin at the transfer station.

Is that something that hooks up to a hitch on your car - if you have one installed - and looks like a flattened chicken wire flat?
Yeah I could do that, but I do need a hitch installed.