Evergreen trash service

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This kid just came to my door to let me know that they are consolidating their route and wanting to know if I would prefer this day or that day pickup. I said, "What, did you all buy out Goode's or something?"

"No ma'am, we're just consolidating our route."

Okay, since I don't use your service what does that have to do with me?

"Well ma'am, we're trying to consolidate trash pickup so there aren't so many trash companies coming through your neighborhood."

Yeah, I'll bet you are. *slam*

What the hell??? Is this what passes for sales these days, deliberately misrepresenting yourself and your company? Insulting me like I'm some idiot who doesn't realize you're just trying to trick me into switching to your service?

Now I definitely wouldn't use them after that BS.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Our Evergreen service begins the first of next month. I'm really looking forward to it. If I regret it, ya'll be hearin' about it.

pebbles

Our Evergreen service begins the first of next month. I'm really looking forward to it. If I regret it, ya'll be hearin' about it.

I started trash service with them in June & I haven't had any issues....There doesn't seem to be any "set time" that they pick up but they always come on the days that they said.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
This kid just came to my door to let me know that they are consolidating their route and wanting to know if I would prefer this day or that day pickup. I said, "What, did you all buy out Goode's or something?"

"No ma'am, we're just consolidating our route."

Okay, since I don't use your service what does that have to do with me?

"Well ma'am, we're trying to consolidate trash pickup so there aren't so many trash companies coming through your neighborhood."

Yeah, I'll bet you are. *slam*

What the hell??? Is this what passes for sales these days, deliberately misrepresenting yourself and your company? Insulting me like I'm some idiot who doesn't realize you're just trying to trick me into switching to your service?

I had the same crap in my hood. I told them what they could do with their trash service.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I started trash service with them in June & I haven't had any issues....There doesn't seem to be any "set time" that they pick up but they always come on the days that they said.

They came callin' and hubby told them to come back in a few days. Gave me time to look here for some reviews. They were all positive, so we took the plunge. We're tired of haulin' trash. Well, hubbies tired of haulin' trash :ohwell:

Trash service going away!

They came callin' and hubby told them to come back in a few days. Gave me time to look here for some reviews. They were all positive, so we took the plunge. We're tired of haulin' trash. Well, hubbies tired of haulin' trash :ohwell:

See post under Current events
Evergreen has been a great service tho. I have used them for three years and not a single issue.

MarieB

The guy came to our place twice, but he didn't try to misrepresent himself to us. I do however remember receiving a robocall from Goode several months back about how some other trash company representatives (and perhaps a mailer too) were telling Goode customers that the company had bought Goode out. This was not true

MarieB

Guess I need to look in to them again! Thanks!

Waste management does too, but the cost is outrageous and i will never do business with them again

Goode is $4 a month for recycling. I've gotten great service through them. I don't trust evergreen. I think they are offering a lower price (pickup of unlimited bags of trash) and will be raising it later.

inkah

Haha. Evergreen came to my door recently too. Told him to spare me the speech and give me the bottom line. Price seemed good so I told him I would call after checking them out here. He grinned ear to ear and said, "oh, go ahead, we started the thread". Lol - he probably wasn't referring to this one!

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
I had probably the same kid come to my door that others here had stop at theirs. I was against it but stupid me asked my other half and she said yes to it thinking that it was a great idea. To sweeten the deal I asked about recycling and the kid said that yes they offer recycling pickup. Later, I noticed him operating a truck that is registered in Ohio not MD, so we know that he is probably not from around here.

I live in Charlotte Hall in St. Mary's, Charles County is at the end of my street in nearby neighbors back yards. The last time that I looked into trash service they did not offer recycling pickup due to the fact that I live in St. Mary's and not Charles, so I never bought into trash service if 90% or more of the waste that I generate is compostable or recyclable. We fill a 35 gallon can in about 1 month of "trash".

One week after being visited by the young man, I had a middle aged man coming around the neighborhood doing the same for Evergreen, he works for the company in Charles County. I asked him about when might I receive the container for recycling and the trash can. He went on to say that I will only get a trash can due to the fact that I live in St. Mary's they do not do recycling in the County. WTH???? :banghead:

So now I have paid for this while still going to the Transfer Station due to the fact that I prefer to recycle instead of not and I have to go there anyway to dipose of oil and filters so an extra 1-2 minutes does not bother me.

In a nut shell, if you live in St. Mary's Evergreen DOES NOT do recycling. I will be ending this service before the end of the first 3 months, if my other half does not start generating mountains of trash to necessitate the service.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
I just got an email that charles county is considering a bill to consolidate all trash pick up under one company. When my damn email starts working again, I will post a link.

fromchaptico

The kid from Evergreen stopped by my house too. After countless issues with Waste Management, I was ready to try something different - especially for half the price. My service with Evergreen started July 1, so they have only picked up twice - but unlike Waste Management, they have actually picked up the trash without my having to call, beg, and complain. So far, so good - and for $60/quarter instead of $120.

bohman

...What the hell??? Is this what passes for sales these days, deliberately misrepresenting yourself and your company? Insulting me like I'm some idiot who doesn't realize you're just trying to trick me into switching to your service?

They pulled that same crap on me. After my initial "Do I know you?" response, I told him I'm sticking with waste management. That sales pitch was either arrogant or deceptive, and either way that doesnt bode well for how they plan to treat me as a customer.

It's getting them a lot of new customers, though. Plenty of Evergreen cans up and down my street now. :shrug:

MarieB

Does yard waste have to go to a separate landfill/site? Do waste disposal companies also have to take yard waste to a separate facility?

dawn

They pulled that same crap on me. After my initial "Do I know you?" response, I told him I'm sticking with waste management. That sales pitch was either arrogant or deceptive, and either way that doesnt bode well for how they plan to treat me as a customer.

It's getting them a lot of new customers, though. Plenty of Evergreen cans up and down my street now. :shrug:

Very deceptive. They tried the same saying on me about our HOA wants people to go with the same trash service to cut down on the amount of trucks in the neighborhood......we dont have an HOA! LOL

Then had another guy come by and said a neighbor said if he could get 10 people to sign then she would sign to eliminate the several trucks in the neighborhood......yeah ok.

The price is cheaper than I am paying with Ambers, but I called evergreen and asked ..... the great price is guaranteed for a year, what is the going rate now if I wasnt on the new customer plan and I was told 81.00 every three months, which is 20.00 more than I am paying now with Ambers.....no increase with them for the last three years, so I am sticking with them. I dont trust evergreen at all.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
They dropped of one of their roller cans in my driveway about a month ago.
I called and told them I didn't sign up for their service and come get their can at the re-poed house across the street.
Can is still there, I've started using it but I haven't started paying :lol: