Every single year

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There is literally not one single year of my life that Christmas flights being canceled or delayed because of bad weather hasn't been a big news story. Then they act like it's unprecedented - "OMG a historic number of flights canceled or delayed! Because, like, OMG, that never happens!!"

Comedy Central What GIF

#1, if you're the type of person who's going to freak and lose your chit because your plane is delayed or canceled, DON'T FLY AT PEAK TIMES.

#2, if your plane is delayed or canceled, all the screaming in the world isn't going to solve your problem. The gate person has no control over the weather.

#3, if you get too unruly you'll be arrested and NEVER make it to your destination.

I feel like I shouldn't have to tell adults this. Winter weather is a thing. It's always been a thing. It's such a consistent thing that it can be planned for. So don't act like you've never heard of winter before and it's just something Donald Trump came up with to **** with your travel plans.

SusanC66

When do I get to complain about traffic? I was late because of Christmas Eve traffic, but no news story. Ain’t this this same? Air traffic?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When do I get to complain about traffic? I was late because of Christmas Eve traffic, but no news story. Ain’t this this same? Air traffic?

Serious. More people drive during the holidays than fly, so you'd think they'd do stories about that for more mass appeal.

TPD

the poor dad
Serious. More people drive during the holidays than fly, so you'd think they'd do stories about that for more mass appeal.
That’s not a captive audience- you can’t just walk out on the interstate in stopped or slow traffic and stick a camera and microphone in someone’s face like you can do in an airport.

CRHS89

The rumor is that it isn't staffing issues but that their software bit the dust. Supposedly there are tons of airline crews stuck in the airports with the passengers.

TPD

the poor dad
I wouldn't step foot on SWA if it were the last plane out of Monroiva for the next 10 years!
I avoid SWA at all costs.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think all airlines suck. I'm going to NE for my ma's bday in May and I'm dreading the thought of flying but I don't want to spend two days driving there and two days driving back, either.

I mean, I DO want to drive it but it will end up being 4 or 5 days to and from because I have to stop and see every thing that looks interesting. "We have some stuff in this upcoming town...."

Me:

Ferris Buellers Day Off Loop GIF

World's biggest ball of twine?

Meghan Trainor Reaction GIF by Music Choice

BBQ on the side of the road?

bbc eating GIF

These decisions are so annoying.

ontheriver

I think all airlines suck. I'm going to NE for my ma's bday in May and I'm dreading the thought of flying but I don't want to spend two days driving there and two days driving back, either.

I mean, I DO want to drive it but it will end up being 4 or 5 days to and from because I have to stop and see every thing that looks interesting. "We have some stuff in this upcoming town...."

Me:

Ferris Buellers Day Off Loop GIF

World's biggest ball of twine?

Meghan Trainor Reaction GIF by Music Choice

BBQ on the side of the road?

bbc eating GIF

These decisions are so annoying.
I actually love to fly. Take off and landing are awesome. Last few times the airport wasn't fun, but I can deal with that.
I've been on a small plane a couple of times. I even jumped out once! Outstanding and I would do that again. My favorite: helicopters. Twice. Loved it.