Everything is a Right!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Beto O'Rourke declares 'right' to live close to work

“Here’s the tough thing to talk about, though we must. Rich people are gonna have to allow — or be forced to allow — lower-income people to live near them, which is what we fail to do in this country right now,” Mr. O’Rourke says in the campaign clip.

Mr. O’Rourke then claims lower-income Americans must drive “one, two, three hours in either direction to get to their jobs, very often minimum wage jobs, so they’re working two or three of them right now.”

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I thought this was about right turns only, to avoid the acorns and go around the block...

This_person

The fact is, the tenth amendment says that, yeah, pretty much everything not given to the federal government to control is a right - we, the people, have the right to live wherever we want, to get any healthcare we want, to make as much money as we want, to go to any level of education we want. It's our right to do so.

What he's wrong about is the government having the authority to enforce that right by taking other people's rights. I have a right to keep and bear arms, but that does not mean the federal government must supply me with a gun. I have the right to see a doctor, but that does not mean (a) a doctor must exist for me to see, (b) that doctor must see me if he/she does exist, (c) my fellow taxpayers need to pay for that doctor's visit. I have the right to live as close or as far from work as I choose, but that does not mean that anyone must sell me land, provide me a home, or be forced to do anything to accomplish my goal of living wherever I want.

We need to stop saying they're wrong about it being a right - healthcare/home ownership/arms bearing are all RIGHTS we have. What we do NOT have is a requirement for anyone or anything to impact our achieving these goals except ourselves.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Sounds like he was talking about Jackson Hole, WY.
We saw a shitty motel there on our drive through there a few years ago. Seasonal workers were mexipacked 7 to a room. They were at least close to the fancy restaurants and didn't have to bike far to work.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Beto O'Rourke Threatens to Reorder All of American Society, Force Americans Out of Their Homes

Add "forcibly relocate Americans out of their homes" to the list. On Monday, the failed punk rocker, hit and run driver, and husband of a billionaire heiress said and then intentionally tweeted this:

O'Rourke: “Rich people are going to have to allow, or be forced to allow, lower-income people to live near them. Which is what we fail to do in this country right now. We force lower-income, working Americans to drive one, two, three hours in either direction to get to their jobs, very often minimum wage jobs.”

https://pjmedia.com/trending/beto-o...n-society-force-americans-out-of-their-homes/

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Nobody is driving 3 hours for a minimum wage job unless they live way out in the boonies.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Beto is a total looney tune. Oh, and, yeah, he marriied into wealth. I wonder if his proposed policies include himself. I doubt it. He had me at the skate board stunt. Bye-bye. :boo:

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
"Forced to"? Yep Trump is the Nazi?

Using the words "right" and "forced" in the same idea is a complete contradiction. Like defining healthcare as a right (which it is), therefore the government will force everyone into participation. As TP stated... a "right" is something you are free to exercise............. or not exercise. Government forcing someone to exercise a right is not a right.

And that is where LIBERTY comes in. Our constitution was written to protect ours rights under LIBERTY - the freedom to do or not do. These leftists dictators only see "rights" as something they (the government) provide.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
The furthest I've ever had a permanent work position was a 8.5 mile drive from my home. I made that choice. I could have chosen to drive to DC every day, and moved up in my field quicker, but I was unwilling to spend that much time and stress driving for work.

And it was my right to stay at a more flexible, closer to home, lower paid job.