Everything you think you know is a lie

Midnightrider

The gunfight at the OK Corral did not take place at the OK Corral. It took place in a lot up the street.

Wyatt Earp was not the hero of that gunfight; his brother Virgil was.
just because you saw something in the movies and beleived it to be fact doesn't make it so. Most people learn that movies are made up when they are in elementary school.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
When I lived in Tucson, I used to visit Tombstone on the regular.

It's still one of my favorite spots when I visit.

It's hard to describe. It feels like a movie set. If there was another town like that, I'd like to go visit it.

Toxick

Splat
It's hard to describe. It feels like a movie set. If there was another town like that, I'd like to go visit it.

Over in Tucson is Old Tucson Studios which actually is a movie set. There are areas and scenes you'd recognize from the three amigos and other movies. I think some of Tombstone was filmed there too.

It's not an historical town like Tombstone, but you get that vibe. And they have actors doing shootouts in the streets and bandits robbing banks and stuff.

It's fun.

I think there's a cover charge to get in... Our maybe it's just for some attractions. But I used to take my kids there all the time so it probably wasn't to expensive.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You might want to check out some of the ghost towns around the country.

Confession:

I've never seen the movie Tombstone but I've heard the phrase "you're a daisy if you do" quoted from that movie and never knew what that meant. For those as clueless as me, it translates to "I'll kill you if you do," as in they'll be pushing up daisies.

Yes, I know - most of you knew that. But I can't possibly be the only one who didn't, so there it is.
Tombstone is one of my favorites of all time.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Tombstone is one of my favorites of all time.
You would love the town. Many of the people that live there walk around in period clothes. The gal that runs the clothing store looks like Miss Kitty, complete with blond ring curls.