Evil

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Anyone else watching this CBS show? I thought it was pretty interesting. Synopsis: skeptical forensic psychologist teams up with a Catholic priest-in-training and a blue-collar contractor to investigate supposed miracles, hauntings, and demonic possessions to determine if they are real or supernatural - the battle between science and religion.

Decided to watch the repeat of the premiere at 8 last night and was sucked into watching episodes 2 and 3 that followed. Very entertaining, well acted, and thought provoking :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I'm hooked on it. I especially like Michael Emerson's character. He's one evil bastage.
Yes, he is. I kept thinking I knew the actor and then it hit me. He played the evil Ben Linus / Henry Gale on Lost, another of my all time favorite shows. He definitely plays a great evil genius. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
He also played Harold Finch on Person of Interest. Another one of my favorite shows.
I have never seen that show although it sounds vaguely familiar. Very highly rated and I see it is available on Netflix, so I will it add to it my watch list. Thanks!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Anyone else watching this CBS show? I thought it was pretty interesting. Synopsis: skeptical forensic psychologist teams up with a Catholic priest-in-training and a blue-collar contractor to investigate supposed miracles, hauntings, and demonic possessions to determine if they are real or supernatural - the battle between science and religion.

Decided to watch the repeat of the premiere at 8 last night and was sucked into watching episodes 2 and 3 that followed. Very entertaining, well acted, and thought provoking :yay:
Sounds like something I need to watch.

mitzi

I need to watch this!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Sounds like something I need to watch.
I need to watch this!
It is really good. I know there is an episode airing January 9th at 10, but I believe it is a lot further into the season than the first 3 I watched. If you have CBS All Access, you can catch all the episodes aired so far there.

And...it has already been renewed for another season. :yahoo:

mitzi

It is really good. I know there is an episode airing January 9th at 10, but I believe it is a lot further into the season than the first 3 I watched. If you have CBS All Access, you can catch all the episodes aired so far there.

I don't have All Access but going to what I can still get on their website.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I'll be cutting the cable cord by the end of the month. I have one Roku stick and am getting another for the bedroom. Can I catch up then?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I'll be cutting the cable cord by the end of the month. I have one Roku stick and am getting another for the bedroom. Can I catch up then?
If you subscribe to CBS All Access for $6 a month you can. :lol: There's an episode coming on now, but it's #8. I only saw #1 through #3 last night.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Binged episodes 4 through 9, so only have 2 left to be caught up. Still really like the series. :yay:

stgislander

PREMO Member
So what did you think of last night's episode? I had a difficult time determining if what David was experiencing was real or a result of being heavily sedated.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
So what did you think of last night's episode? I had a difficult time determining if what David was experiencing was real or a result of being heavily sedated.
I was exhausted last night and couldn't stay up to watch it. :snooze: I will catch it over the weekend and let you know. And I did watch the other 2 episodes so I am current except for the episode last night. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Watched it last night and I honestly don't know. I do know Nurse Ratched was one evil and sadistic beyotch. :shocking:

Speaking of Nurse Ratched, they are making a series out of that character from "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest." It is supposed to come out in September on Netflix and star Sarah Paulson.

SamSpade

I've enjoyed it and especially like that - so far - they've not attributed anything to the supernatural. It's not about debunking the supernatural - it isn't Scully always proving Mulder wrong - or as happened often enough in X-Files, left it ambiguous. So far, it's been straightforward, and often enough, Michael Emerson is masterfully setting things up behind the scenes. While Ben Linus was an evil opportunist - this one is brilliant psychopath. It's almost believable that he actually IS possessed by a demon.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Saw a commercial for this last night - some guy in glasses threatening to kill off an entire family. Watched the first episode last night. omg - hooked.
I saw the same commercial last night. OMG! Can hardly wait until Thursday night. :shocking:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
He gives me the willies. I'm not completely finished with Season 1 yet but from square one - shivers. I fell asleep during five or six yesterday and woke up wondering if David Acosta is still a good guy. I love his character and I so want him to stay that way.
This IS season one and it's not finished yet. :lol: Yes, I am hoping so but he seems to be hiding a dark and mysterious past. It will be interesting to see how that is revealed.