Exciting news! Forum upgrade!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No likey new forum, but I will adapt as I always do. Happy foruming, y’all. 😄

You'll like it once you get used to it. I've spent the last couple of weeks using it on the test site and am still somewhat disoriented.

Last time we did a major upgrade, it was for security and techy stuff, and we actually lost features and I hated it. This time we gained across the board, so I'm pretty happy about that.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
So this is what I saw today. I hit "New Posts" and there were none, so I went back to the main page. I noticed the "Politics" forum was indicating there was a new post with the color change of the balloon to the left:

Again, no new posts when clicked on the "New Posts" button. When I look at the forum, I see this:

The thread showing on my first picture is a thread started by a user I have on ignore so it doesn't show up when I actually go into the forum. So ignore works for the most part with some little quirks. :lol:

And yes, I can click on the thread started by that user when it is showing as the last thread updated in the forum. I can see all the posts in it by anyone other than the ignored user.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I know many hate change - me too - but this is a good one and I know you'll like it once you get used to it, which shouldn't take long because it's based on what we have now.

David is in the testing phase right now and we have no ETA yet - I'll post updates as I get them. But these new forums offer much better interaction with other social media platforms, a social group feature, easier upload of pics and other media, and a ton of other improvements.

... ...

... ...

... an improved "like" feature so we can bring karma back.

:thewave:

Not gonna lie, when David told me we had to upgrade I pitched a small fit. But then he sent me over to play with the forum software he was leaning toward and I got all excited because it's pretty cool.

This upgrade is not imminent - David tests it like crazy before he's ready to go, and then he'll have me and a few regular users test it as well. There will be plenty of notice before we make the switch. But I'm really excited and I know you all will be, too, when you see it.

I have given the effort to get used to the new forum format (member since 2011), and tried to overlook the reason I got banned under my original name when I first joined here, and I don’t like it. :strangle: This is the smile I introduced that vrai added from me years ago; it should have been named mamatutu. I have noticed that participation is way down on the forum because of the new format.. Good luck, and happy foruming, y’all. I am out of here. There is enough hypocrisy in real life. I know y’all will miss me. :diva: :lol: Take care, y’all. :huggy:

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
So this is what I saw today. I hit "New Posts" and there were none, so I went back to the main page. I noticed the "Politics" forum was indicating there was a new post with the color change of the balloon to the left:

View attachment 134770

Again, no new posts when clicked on the "New Posts" button. When I look at the forum, I see this:

View attachment 134771

The thread showing on my first picture is a thread started by a user I have on ignore so it doesn't show up when I actually go into the forum. So ignore works for the most part with some little quirks. :lol:

And yes, I can click on the thread started by that user when it is showing as the last thread updated in the forum. I can see all the posts in it by anyone other than the ignored user.

Well, aren’t you so smart. Tell Railroad who is your “new friend” that you are sorry that you said I talked to dead people. Rest In Peace, Wendy. And, I am from NOLA, and you are not. Always, wanted to say that. Happy foruming, Jazz.

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Well, aren’t you so smart. Tell Railroad who is your “new friend” that you are sorry that you said I talked to dead people. Rest In Peace, Wendy. And, I am from NOLA, and you are not. Always, wanted to say that. Happy foruming, Jazz.
What in tarnation? :lol:

Railroad and I have been friends for years so not sure where that is coming from and Wendy was a personal friend. And yes, I am smart. Not sure why it matters you are from NOLA but you seem to think I am doing some sort of cultural appropriation because I love jazz and visiting the city.

Anyway, hope you venting your spleen on me made you feel better. Have a good life. :cheers: