Exciting news! Forum upgrade!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I know many hate change - me too - but this is a good one and I know you'll like it once you get used to it, which shouldn't take long because it's based on what we have now.

David is in the testing phase right now and we have no ETA yet - I'll post updates as I get them. But these new forums offer much better interaction with other social media platforms, a social group feature, easier upload of pics and other media, and a ton of other improvements.

And....

... ...

... ...

... an improved "like" feature so we can bring karma back.

:thewave:

Not gonna lie, when David told me we had to upgrade I pitched a small fit. But then he sent me over to play with the forum software he was leaning toward and I got all excited because it's pretty cool.

This upgrade is not imminent - David tests it like crazy before he's ready to go, and then he'll have me and a few regular users test it as well. There will be plenty of notice before we make the switch. But I'm really excited and I know you all will be, too, when you see it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:eyebrow: I'ma hit the :notsure: button. Hmm... wonder it the base folks will still be able to use it?

There's no reason why they shouldn't, but obviously we'll test that first.

Normally I dread these upgrades but I'm excited about this one. :yay:

mitzi

I know many hate change - me too - but this is a good one and I know you'll like it once you get used to it, which shouldn't take long because it's based on what we have now.

David is in the testing phase right now and we have no ETA yet - I'll post updates as I get them. But these new forums offer much better interaction with other social media platforms, a social group feature, easier upload of pics and other media, and a ton of other improvements.

And....

... ...

... ...

... an improved "like" feature so we can bring karma back.

Not gonna lie, when David told me we had to upgrade I pitched a small fit. But then he sent me over to play with the forum software he was leaning toward and I got all excited because it's pretty cool.

This upgrade is not imminent - David tests it like crazy before he's ready to go, and then he'll have me and a few regular users test it as well. There will be plenty of notice before we make the switch. But I'm really excited and I know you all will be, too, when you see it.

Sounds good!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How about a real ignore function. Where you can't even see the ignored person's thread on main page.

I believe that is a possibility with the Social Groups, but I can't promise anything until I test further. So don't hold me to it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Finger's crossed

The answer is yes - when you put a user on Ignore, you won't see any threads that they start listed on either the main forum page or in the list of threads.

Oh, and guess what?

You don't see when someone else quotes them, either.

Last edited: