Exciting news! Forum upgrade!

Back to Forum Upgrade stuff....

I'm on another forum which also uses XenForo. That site has a slightly different form of Karma which we use a lot, and I find a lot more useful than the karma used here.
The icons are semi transparent until you hover over them, so I couldn't get a good snap of them. Basically, there is, in order, Like, Agree, Funny, Winner, Informative and Useful. Nice to be able to use a little more emphasis to some posts.

I like this karma. No idea if it could be implemented here, or if anyone even cares. Just putting it out there.

mitzi

What brought on this current melt down? I never read anything to cause it but I don't read every thread either.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Good. But, I don’t understand why you called me a bitch. Whatever. It means nothing, now. I am out of here. And, I won’t be sending you super secret PMs. I have decided to put it all out on the forum. I will get over the hypocrites. I feel sorry for them, actually. That is the main reason that I am leaving. Happy foruming, vrai.

Sheesh, put it a little OT and miss all the good stuff. :cds:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I have a slight forum viewing issue and can't figure out what I'm doing or not doing right. The threads where there are Twitter posts don't load them like they used to do. It keeps telling me that I need to turn off my ad blocker (It is off and has been) and also fixy some other tracking thingy.

I use Fire Fox. When the new forums first began, I was able to view those Tweets no problem. Now, they don't show up automatically, I have to click on them. The ad blocker is off and I haven't done anything different to my Firefox browser. 😕

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Back to Forum Upgrade stuff....

I'm on another forum which also uses XenForo. That site has a slightly different form of Karma which we use a lot, and I find a lot more useful than the karma used here.
View attachment 134918
The icons are semi transparent until you hover over them, so I couldn't get a good snap of them. Basically, there is, in order, Like, Agree, Funny, Winner, Informative and Useful. Nice to be able to use a little more emphasis to some posts.

I like this karma. No idea if it could be implemented here, or if anyone even cares. Just putting it out there.
If you hover over the like link, u will see several options very similar to your example. I put the angry face on your post.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
I have a slight forum viewing issue and can't figure out what I'm doing or not doing right. The threads where there are Twitter posts don't load them like they used to do. It keeps telling me that I need to turn off my ad blocker (It is off and has been) and also fixy some other tracking thingy.

I use Fire Fox. When the new forums first began, I was able to view those Tweets no problem. Now, they don't show up automatically, I have to click on them. The ad blocker is off and I haven't done anything different to my Firefox browser. 😕
Link? Screen capture? Firefox version? Device type?

@David
Something a bit strange with the 'shrug' smilie. I want to use the original shrug. As I'm typing it in, some new versions with different names show. I don't want those, so I either select the original shrug or finish typing it it, doesn't matter. It immediately translates to the original shrug in my pre-post text. When I hit the Post button, it changes to the woman_shrugging smilie. Can't get around it.
If you hover over it in the post, it says 'person_smiling'.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
@David
Something a bit strange with the 'shrug' smilie. I want to use the original shrug. As I'm typing it in, some new versions with different names show. I don't want those, so I either select the original shrug or finish typing it it, doesn't matter. It immediately translates to the original shrug in my pre-post text. When I hit the Post button, it changes to the woman_shrugging smilie. Can't get around it.
If you hover over it in the post, it says 'person_smiling'.
Plus use the insert Code so I can see exactly what you are typing.

Code:
like this