Exhaust Manifold

black dog

Free America
Never figured you for a Skirtster rider..... ;-p

LOL.. I dont admit that often, The second one The XLCH I bought from a dude that lived in Gaithersburg with the last name of Croce, he had raked it, put 10" overs on the front. rebuilt it with 11 to 1's a monster Shifton, Joe Hunt Mag and a Lake injector.. It was a gass, stoplight to stoplight, once you got it started.
The day I met Sonny Routt I rolled into his shop because he stocked a lot of Browns chrome that you could exchange for yours, and you could swap them out in the parking lot. I waled into his shop and when he asked me what I needed, I asked him about swapping a primary and a oil tank out. He walked me out to the parking lot and looked around and asked me, hey son wheres you Harley at? I said its right there Mr Routt,, He responded sternly... Son its a Harley when the tranny is separate from the engine, he the just walked away from me and went inside.
After I gathered my thoughts i walked inside of his shop to a half a dozen Limey riders laughing there asses off. One of lifes better moments...

Sorry it is taking me awhile to answer, I'm back in Florida with my Master Chief.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ahhhhhh. I see you went to the Ben Oliver School of Welding.. You need more heat grasshopper.
All that aluminum really makes that anodized blue flair fitting stand out.

Young Ben? Have you seen the woman he just married?? :faint:

black dog

Free America
Young Ben? Have you seen the woman he just married?? :faint:

As a matter of fact, my son and I stopped in to see everyone at the north store after the last Florida run a few weeks ago. She walked out with Brians wife from the office and she walked by my kid and he just stared at her. LOLOLOL.... I asked Brian whose kid that was, And he laughed and said it was Bens Fiance. Yeah,,,, Smokin,,,,,,,,,,, All them Oliver Plantation boys have Good Looking wifes. I dont know how Jimmy did it, ( He says its his Elvis quality good looks) But he did. My son has been dating a Oliver girl getting on almost two years now.
I was hoping a few years back to be able to move onto the Plantation, It just didn't work out for me :doh:

Ben Sr, what a character.. He is in a league all by himself...
All those in that Clan, Especially Doc, have always been very good to me and my son.
And i'll ad that them Oliver boys and wifes produce some fine looking women themselfs.

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

I've seen that header, and others. Not really looking for stainless there. They tend to blue and I'm not looking to polish it every weekend. If I did get one like this, I'd get it color coated anyway, now looking at $500 - $600 just for an exhaust header.

And everyone has the 1320 header. I like to be different..... :biggrin:

Besides bluing stainless looking awesome, I just posted for reference. A blued stainless header (or any header) would look good, and IMO, better than a painted/coated stock manifold.

I wish I could spend 5-600 on a header. :lol: I used to have a CTS-V (I miss that car) and Kooks headers were $1,500.

Yes, been closed for a month or so..vacant, for sale.

Thanx. Haven't been up that way in a while.

So, who else is around for used auto parts? Looking for a manifold heat shield GM 12633413. Pretty much a standard part for GM cars 2012-2016 with a 2.4L EcoTec motor. Found some online pretty cheap, but shipping costs almost as much as the part.

Excellent. My searches took me to a half dozen sites that were almost identical to this one, except for the logo, all had the same look and layout, but wanted lots more for parts and shipping. This was the best part price and best ship price of any I had seen.

Ordered. :yay:
Just hope I haven't been added to a million spam email lists....

Found a motorworks shop in South Carolina that had a bunch of manifolds lying around from header conversions. They picked a clean one and are sending it to me for the cost of shipping.

Once I get both parts, they go to North Carolina for ceramic coating.

So, took a little different tack. The heat shield covers the whole frikkin manifold, so no need to spend a bunch of money to make it look pretty. I got some ceramic paint, painted the manifold black and the cover red. Came out nice.

20180325_150954-001.jpg 20180326_171936-001.jpg 20180326_172522-001.jpg

I do Cerakote at my shop. It's a fantastic coating system but not for your application,or at least that's my experience with it.

You removed yourself from the equation buddy! A good salesman would have wined and dined me.

I've got you in mind for other projects....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You removed yourself from the equation buddy! A good salesman would have wined and dined me.

I need to hire someone to take over marketing. If I couldn't reel in an easy mark like you, it's time for me to give it up and hire a pro. :nomoney: