Exp. Equine Vet Tech seeking full time work

RachellC

Hi Everyone,
My name is Rachell and I just relocated my family back to the MD/VA area from NY and I'm posting myself anywhere and everywhere that I can because I am looking for full time work with horses.
I have hit up all the usuals: YardandGroom, Equistaff, Equiery, Dover, Craigslist, VA Equestrian, Horse Talk, every clinic or hospital or barn I can find and so many more. I just found this site this morning so I figured that I would post here too. The more places I post the better off I am finding something. I have to find something soon.
Anyways, I am not looking for a riding position but more of something that can utilize my veterinary background. I ride English when I can but not as well as I used to thanks to all of the lameness evaluations I got to ride last year (they were pretty much ALL I got to ride:bawl::bawl:) I can teach beginners.
So if you know of anything, please let me know. I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Rachell
(917)442-1478

Last edited:
R

retiredweaxman

Rachell, welcome to the area. My wife and I moved here a year ago and love it. However, life intercedes and we find ourselves in the middle of planning to move back to where we came from. Might I offer you a small piece of advice? Please be careful of the amount of personal info you post to the web. Letting people know you are new is ok - but letting people know you are new and giving out your phone number might be too much. Perhaps people could reach you using the PM link?

Last edited by a moderator:

RachellC

I know. The economy is horrible :cds: which is why we moved down back down here. I lived in NY for the past few years and things were terrible there. You are not alone in having to relocate again.
It was really sad because people who couldn't take care of their horses, or give them away were just letting them go or dumping them on people hoping that they would take care of them. One woman woke up to find a new horse in her field neighing at her when she hayed everyone that morning. She tried to find the owners, called the police, ASPCA, and posted ads everywhere desperately trying to find who did it. She said the horse was in great condition, maybe a little skinny but otherwise healthy (she had him vetted just in case since he had been put in with her horses.). Things are tough everywhere. I wish you luck where you go.
And thanks for your concern about our personal info, you are right and hopefully I can edit out some stuff. I will leave my number because if anyone knows of something I can do, I would rather them call me instead of pming me. Don't want to miss out on something because I was away from my pc.

R

retiredweaxman

My parents are from NY State - Elmira area - so I know basically things are nasty in the Finger Lakes area.

Thank you also for your concern. As it stands, I have been trying to run 2 households and am finding that I can only afford one. So, we have made the decision to move back to our "permanent" residence in order to cut costs. We were only renting here, so that made the decision that much easier.

Good luck in finding a job. My guess is (and I am not much into horses) that you might have better luck on Route 2 up around Davidsonville. I have travelled the area a little bit and have found a lot of horse farms out there. I have my fingers crossed for you!