Expensive AR-15 VS Cheap AR-15: Worth The Price?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My 22" barreled 6.5 Grendel with Geisle trigger group and high(er) end scope (~ $2200 build cost) cannot compare to the 16" barrel 5.56 Midway specials ($400)...not that I'd give up either when SHTF...

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Just got some MD-legal deer ammo for the AR-15...Alexander had it on sale.
IMG_1375.JPG

black dog

Free America
An excellent firearm is worth 4-6 times what a cheap one is worth. You get what you pay for with firearms and optics.
My son shoots a BCM Gunfighter with a ACOG and a Surefire Socom 2 can on it, hes over $4,500 so far.
Im a Rock River or a Colt guy, My newer High power rifle is a stainless fat barrel Rock River, with a new Vortex that I just put on it to see if I like it. Its cost is around $2,800 with optic and new trigger. I will use the optics to work up the loads I will shoot out of it from 200 to 600 yds.
Normally I'm a Leopold or Night Force buyer.
A20240912_161142.jpg

My regular AR is a Rock River Government model with a ACOG and a Surefire Socom 2 can on it. Probably $3,500 or so in it.

Sure you can go to Palmetto and others and go moderate or cheap, it comes out of the wash at the range or in the middle of the match one is shooting.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
An excellent firearm is worth 4-6 times what a cheap one is worth. You get what you pay for with firearms and optics.
My son shoots a BCM Gunfighter with a ACOG and a Surefire Socom 2 can on it, hes over $4,500 so far.
Im a Rock River or a Colt guy, My newer High power rifle is a stainless fat barrel Rock River, with a new Vortex that I just put on it to see if I like it. Its cost is around $2,800 with optic and new trigger. I will use the optics to work up the loads I will shoot out of it from 200 to 600 yds.
Normally I'm a Leopold or Night Force buyer.
View attachment 179466

My regular AR is a Rock River Government model with a ACOG and a Surefire Socom 2 can on it. Probably $3,500 or so in it.

Sure you can go to Palmetto and others and go moderate or cheap, it comes out of the wash at the range or in the middle of the match one is shooting.
The ACOG and a can...there's a big chunk of change just in those two items.

My Weatherby 6.5 Creedmoor has a Leupold scope. I have yet to take it out and shoot it!

black dog

Free America
The ACOG and a can...there's a big chunk of change just in those two items.

My Weatherby 6.5 Creedmoor has a Leupold scope. I have yet to take it out and shoot it!
I have yet to buy or have built a 6.5 Creedmoor, I have a few 700 actions that I could do it with. But for me I have to many things in the hopper as it is.
I've been very impressed with the ACOGs since my son put one in front of me.
Heres my RR government model but I grabbed the 30 cal Surefire Socom instead of my 5.56 one.
The black covers on the ACOGs are caps with a Tenbraex in the front covers. The TA 31F ACOGs make hits out to 600 and farther easy with just using the right part of the reticle.
TA31F_RedChevron.jpg

A20240914_100613.jpg