Explore the Renaissance Tiltyard

VaRF

Greetings - The Virginia Renaissance Faire - just a short hop across the 301 bridge - is exploring the notion of forming a company of horse men and women to provide historically focused educational demonstrations at it's annual spring events. We are looking for all interested parties - experienced and just curious - to brainstorm this idea. To find out more about the Virginia Renaissance Faire, visit our web site at www.VaRF.org or contact us directly at ootw@virginiaren.info. Thanks for your time

Last edited:

VaRF

Yes it's me - Incognito, or so I thought

:howdy:
This is a really great website. I've never seen such active forums on a community site before, and I've visited a LOT of them.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
VaRF said:
This is a really great website. I've never seen such active forums on a community site before, and I've visited a LOT of them.

It can be a rough neighborhood, but I think you can hold your own. :huggy:

VaRF said:
I will have to check out the VA Renn Fest this year. I've been to the MD one a gazillion times and the PA Fest three times... I've never hit the VA one tho...:dance:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
I will have to check out the VA Renn Fest this year. I've been to the MD one a gazillion times and the PA Fest three times... I've never hit the VA one tho...:dance:
:yeahthat: Looking at my calendar, the only weekend I will be able to attend is the weekend of May 27th.

VaRF

We take a somewhat different look at the genre. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Memorial Day weekend is ALWAYS a great time to visit. See you then

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Just wanted to bump this. We really need this in the show. Please spread the word around.

VaRF

A great way to get started

Let me clarify - the Virginia Renaissance Faire is all about education. We're not looking for a joust troupe that's all done and dusted - we want to create a group of equine enthusiasts with an interest in history and the desire to educate the public about these magnificent beasts and the history of the animals in both battle and entertainment. It would be a great venue to promote Horse Rescue as well. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of somethine new from the ground up. - Cornelia

VaRF

Single Weekend option available for Equine Demos

We're getting some interest from folks who have a specific skill with their horses that applies to our historic theme. If YOU are interested but not sure this gig is for you, why not try us out for one weekend this spring? Ring Joust demos are particularly welcome. www.VaRF.org - 703-508-5036 :getdown: