Extended Stay America something like it at 235 and Chancellors Run

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
Anyone heard about this? It's supposed to be built behind the Hickory Hills Center. Can't seem to find any information on it.

Elle

Happy Camper!
There is a Country Inn Suites going in at First Colonly but that's all I've heard:shrug:

J

jmo2676

yes there is an extended stay its on 235 near gate 1. I have never stayed there before so I couldnt tell you anything about it. It looks nice from teh road ..

J

jmo2676

Well I know someone who had to stay at an extended stay once and totally forgot blonde moment sorry. She told me that the rooms are ok...they have small kitchenetts in all the rooms so you dont have to go out to eat everynight. she didnt tell me if the rooms were big or small. And the one on 235 is right behind the EMA bldg near pax river gate 1.

G

Greg

Originally posted by SuperGrover
Anyone heard about this? It's supposed to be built behind the Hickory Hills Center. Can't seem to find any information on it.

There is already a big neighborhood behind Hickory Hills Center.

Danzig

http://www.co.saint-marys.md.us/docs/minutes/index.asp

go to PLANNING COMMISSION 7-26-04
------------------------->

CCSP #04-132-013 – FIRST COLONY HOTEL

Requesting review of a Concept Sit Plan for an 11,920 square foot hotel. The property contains 3.35 acres, is zoned Planned Unit Development (PUD-4.2) Community Commercial District (CC) and Airport Environs (AE), and is located on the northwest corner of MD Route 235 and MD Route 4; Tax Map 34, Block 22, Parcel 689.

Owner: Sudah Investment
Agent: Loiederman Soltesz Associates, Inc.

Mr. Shire said that we are following the guidelines set forth in the original PUD plan as to processing. Basically a site plan like this has to go through a pre-application meeting with the appropriate agencies and then on to the Planning Commission for discussion and direction, should the Planning Commission have any direction to offer. It is not for approval. Once we get through tonight’s meeting, then the next step would be to submit the engineered site plans through TEC for their final reviews and go on to administrative approval.

Mr. Taylor said that since there is no vote in this one, there is no motion. He said that any comments can be made at this time. Concerns about safety issues with the intersection of FDR Blvd. and St. Andrews Church Road were noted.

Danzig

Re: Re: Extended Stay America something like it at 235 and Chancellors Run

Originally posted by Greg
There is already a big neighborhood behind Hickory Hills Center.

The owner of the Hickory Hills shopping center also owns ALL of whats behind it, there is more than enough room to put up a hotel in the area before you get to the houses. I have heard some stuff about this but can not confirm for sure.

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
this is sort of like the elusive Olive Garden that i've heard of but can't find in the planning minutes

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
Originally posted by Danzig
http://www.co.saint-marys.md.us/docs/minutes/index.asp

go to PLANNING COMMISSION 7-26-04
------------------------->

CCSP #04-132-013 – FIRST COLONY HOTEL

Requesting review of a Concept Sit Plan for an 11,920 square foot hotel. The property contains 3.35 acres, is zoned Planned Unit Development (PUD-4.2) Community Commercial District (CC) and Airport Environs (AE), and is located on the northwest corner of MD Route 235 and MD Route 4; Tax Map 34, Block 22, Parcel 689.

thanks, but it's a different one. i've seen this while searching through the planning minutes.

Danzig

I spoke to the Planing president this week there is no Olive Garden so far and he does not see one any time soon.