Extraction Facial

robynlh

Just wondering if anyone has had an extraction facial? If so can you tell me anything about it? I was thinking of having one... Any suggestions where I can get one around here? Any info about a personal experiance would be fantastic!! Thanks

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Just wondering if anyone has had an extraction facial? If so can you tell me anything about it? I was thinking of having one... Any suggestions where I can get one around here? Any info about a personal experiance would be fantastic!! Thanks

I am not sure what you are referring to..many facials include "extractions" where they use a tool (or a special manipulation) to empty clogged poors and blackheads. But i cannot recall ever seeing a facial devoted to it. Most of the time, it is only a small part.

That being said, I get facials fairly often and I really enjoy them! In the area i go to Hair It Is..the chick that does them there is very thorough and may be a good place for a first facial, because she knows a lot and talks throughout the process..this way you can get a feeling of what she is actually doing. She does extractions as well.

I have also had nice facials at bella salon and spa.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
I just had a facial done at Total Ecplise. She did a GREAT job.

She used what I can only imagine to be an ice pick. It poked and cleaned all the black heads and zits. My face looks amazing. I will be getting one more often.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
:barf: I can't imagine it, but if you wanna come over, I'll get the ice pick and drill out. :roflmao: You hold the phone, I'll tell you when to dial 911.

We are old. Back in our day we did a cucumber mask or clay mask.

I've never paid for a facial or had an ice pick taken to my pores.

The only mistake I made was not using sunscreen.

robynlh

Thanks everyone, this has been very helpful! Another question though... immediately after the extraction how was the condition of the skin? red, puffy? I have quite a few clogged pores (gross I know, I spent a lot of time in a 3rd world country and skin care wasn't always easy to do!) Should I plan to stay in for a few days?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Thanks everyone, this has been very helpful! Another question though... immediately after the extraction how was the condition of the skin? red, puffy? I have quite a few clogged pores (gross I know, I spent a lot of time in a 3rd world country and skin care wasn't always easy to do!) Should I plan to stay in for a few days?

Don't go anywhere that night..mostly because you are not sup to put makeup on..some high end places brush on a tinted mineral treatment for you..but I havent had that anywhere around here.

By the next day my skin is generally ok to go out (I am very pale, so redness sticks around for awhile). If you are doing this for a special occasion I would get it done a week before..not because of the redness but the deep cleansing tends to make your skin break out just a tiny bit..then a week or two later its clear as crystal...

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
deep cleansing tends to make your skin break out just a tiny bit..

I've been getting regular facials (every 6-8 weeks) for several years and I've never once had a breakout following a procedure. Take a look at the eesthetician/salon, which may have something to do with it.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I've been getting regular facials (every 6-8 weeks) for several years and I've never once had a breakout following a procedure. Take a look at the eesthetician/salon, which may have something to do with it.

nope. maybe just my skin, but others I have spoken with notice the same thing. Perhaps break out isn't exactly the right term..But pores clogged under the skin ( i get a lot of them) tend to come up right after I get a facial, then clear up..its never a break out in the sense that I get NEW blemishes.
that's why places tell you to get a facial a week or so ahead of a special day..because that "break out" is normal and experienced by some. You're just lucky!

What is the downtime after a clinical facial ?
There is no downtime associated with our clinical facials. Some patients may carry a slight redness to the skin for up to several hours after the facial, especially if extraction or a stronger exfoliation technique was used. In some cases, it is normal to experience a slight breakout several days after the facial due to the purging effects of the products or the electricity used during treatment. However, the redness and breakout should be minimal if any, and should subside over a short period of time as your fresher, new skin is revealed.

Clinical Facials Denovo Medspa | Eau Claire Maintain Skin Health Rejuvenation

estee_shaun

Totally understand it happens. At the same time, bacteria on tools/hands/products can cause a person to breakout after a procedure. I don't think it's the "norm" to breakout or even have a reaction after every facial. If you are, it could be the salon and/or the individual performing the facial.

If you are going to a fairly well known salon &/or spa it is highly unlikely that they do not have a protocol for tool cleansing and hand sanitizing. They would not take their chances with the state board of Maryland.
Chasey, you are a regular facial client so therefore you do not experience breakouts, you are also a lucky one.
I also experience reg facials and do break out on occations. It has nothing to do with one estheticians touch to another, or the location that a facial is given. Proper cleansing and sanitation is pretty much a given in well known salon & spas. I have received facials all over the world and US.
Hope this gives some insite to original poster