Extreme Skins...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...good Lord, I stepped into there just to see what's up and I felt like I was walking into a loony bin; New GM, trade Jason, get rid of your season tickets, boycott the Philly game, screw Snyder, play Colt, draft a new QB, have patience, the Falcons are better than us, Zorn can't game plan, keep Zorn, holy hell!!! Get the butterfly nets out! :lol:

This team started the season shaky at O line, shaky on D line, suspect at CB, questions at LB, weak at WR, a rookie punter, an unproven QB who was clearly NOT better than the back up last season AND a new coach who was only supposed to be doing his first OC job, let alone HC.

6-2 was exciting, but damn, people! :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I can chip in some.

...how much? Figure 90,000 seats, so, what could we come up with for a hostile takeover, make them a civic team, like the Packers?

$10,000 each would only be $900,000,000. It would probably take $1.5-2 billion.

How many Redskins fans we actually got? IPO time. A million fans at $1,000 each would only be $1 billion.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Unfortunately the Redskins are a huge cash cow for him even though they suck at life.

As Ott and I have said before, the Washington Redskins are a marketing company which just happens to own a football team and that's from somebody fairly close to the team. :biggrin:

When Danny decides to let go of his ego and go play with something else (like hamburgers or roller coasters), this team might start winning consistently again but I don't look for that for a very long time.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
...how much? Figure 90,000 seats, so, what could we come up with for a hostile takeover, make them a civic team, like the Packers?

$10,000 each would only be $900,000,000. It would probably take $1.5-2 billion.

How many Redskins fans we actually got? IPO time. A million fans at $1,000 each would only be $1 billion.

Fans..now see that is something I find interesting. I don't believe there are many FANS holding tickets at FedEx. Most of them are there for an event..some are given tickets...other teams' fans buy them..not many people really care about rooting for their team. It's sad..but it's how things have evolved. I'm just glad I was able to witness the glory days. HTTR

Pete

Repete
Fans..now see that is something I find interesting. I don't believe there are many FANS holding tickets at FedEx. Most of them are there for an event..some are given tickets...other teams' fans buy them..not many people really care about rooting for their team. It's sad..but it's how things have evolved. I'm just glad I was able to witness the glory days. HTTR

Judging from the state of pre-game drunkeness in the parking lot you are correct. :lmao:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Judging from the state of pre-game drunkeness in the parking lot you are correct. :lmao:

Wait until you see the sea of green next Sunday. After this last loss, I bet most everyone will be selling their tickets. And what does Danny care, he still get his money. :ohwell:

jetmonkey

As Ott and I have said before, the Washington Redskins are a marketing company which just happens to own a football team and that's from somebody fairly close to the team. :biggrin:

When Danny decides to let go of his ego and go play with something else (like hamburgers or roller coasters), this team might start winning consistently again but I don't look for that for a very long time.

Yeah, DC area sports fans are saddled with three of the worst ownership teams in all of sports between the 'Skins, Birds and Bullets.

jetmonkey

Stadium is too big, anyone can get tickets now.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

Wait until you see the sea of green next Sunday. After this last loss, I bet most everyone will be selling their tickets. And what does Danny care, he still get his money. :ohwell:

but keep in mind, if a game doesnt come close to a sellout, it's blacked out in the region - that's NFL not Danny

OldHillcrestGuy

Yeah, DC area sports fans are saddled with three of the worst ownership teams in all of sports between the 'Skins, Birds and Bullets.

Lets Go Caps, thank goodness we have one winner. This might be their year, lose 8-9 starters to injuries, bring in the young boys from Hershey and dont miss a step.:yahoo:
I went to the game Friday night, first came since Cap Centre, what a great game seeing all our stars figure in the scoring.:yahoo: