EXxon

Toxick

Splat
desertrat said:
Man, these poor oil companies. I'm glad that that those high gas prices could help them out a little.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/03/D8GOHLFG1.htmle.

To get to the actual story - remove the extraneous 'e' at the end of the above URL.

Exxon Mobil raked in $340 billion in revenue, a 25.5 percent increase over and had $36.1 billion in profits, the most by any U.S. company in history.

And I noticed that prices were up to $2.65 a gallon this morning at Exxon in Leonardtown.

Glad we could give them that last little nudge into the top spot.

Sure, I'll have to wait another week to get my blood-pressure medicine - cause my co-pay is going into the gas-tank - but at least Exxon/Mobil once again reign in the top spot.

beavis

wow!

looks like the ONLY companies making money are the big oil companies.

:cussing:

they'll be laughing outa the other side of their faces when we perfect corn-based alcohol fuel!

:sarcasm:

ylexot

Super Genius
beavis said:
wow!

looks like the ONLY companies making money are the big oil companies.

:cussing:
Was that part of the :sarcasm:? If not, you'll notice that the only company that did not have an increase in revenues was GM (-0.5%!). :ohwell:

(The statement above was not meant as sarcasm. The statement below, on the other hand...)
HOW DARE EXXON MAKE 10% PROFIT! :sarcasm:

Toxick

Splat
ylexot said:
HOW DARE EXXON MAKE 10% PROFIT! :sarcasm:

Much as they don't care about me getting to work in the morning - which is glaringly apparent - I really don't give a tiny rat's ass about their profit.

The difference is - I have no recourse.

I either have to take it up the tail-pipe, or live in the stone age.

Nice choice.

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
Wonder which is the larger Margin?

The Maryland Tax of 23.5 Cents (24.5 cents for Diesel) per gallon, and an additional Federal Tax 18.4 per gallon (Total of 41.9 Cents, in taxes per gallon) (Linky).

Or the 13% estimated "Profit" that the "Greedy" Gas companies are making? (and that 13% includes Distribution and Marketing costs as well as "Profit") (Linky)

If someone were to get so outraged at the "supposed" windfall profits, why arent they just as upset at the State and Federal Taxes that also increase the Costs per gallon?

Toxick

Splat
SAHRAB said:
If someone were to get so outraged at the "supposed" windfall profits, why arent they just as upset at the State and Federal Taxes that also increase the Costs per gallon?

Who said they're not.

The main problem, however, lies neither with Exxon or MD/US govt's - but rather it lies with the dark, seething, sinister external force (opec) that should be neutralized and/or destroyed.

I know this, but I still can't help but see "big-oil" as the ones with their boot on my neck, laughing malevolently while twirling their moustaches and lighting cigars with hundred-dollar bills.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Am I the only person who could give a crap about Big Oil?

Companies make a profit. Big companies make a big profit. 10% profit is nothing.

ylexot

Super Genius
vraiblonde said:
Nope.

vraiblonde said:
Companies make a profit. Big companies make a big profit. 10% profit is nothing.
Exactly. They are a scapegoat or a boogeyman...someone for the radical left to screech about. :jameo:

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:

I care :biggrin:

SAHRAB said:
Wonder which is the larger Margin?

The Maryland Tax of 23.5 Cents (24.5 cents for Diesel) per gallon, and an additional Federal Tax 18.4 per gallon (Total of 41.9 Cents, in taxes per gallon) (Linky).

Or the 13% estimated "Profit" that the "Greedy" Gas companies are making? (and that 13% includes Distribution and Marketing costs as well as "Profit") (Linky)

You are so right. If the politicians really wanted to help (ha) they'd offer to get rid of the gas tax. Wasn't that done for a while back in the 70s?

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
desertrat said:
You are so right. If the politicians really wanted to help (ha) they'd offer to get rid of the gas tax. Wasn't that done for a while back in the 70s?

Uh i dunno, wasnt really paying attention to gas prices (plus half of the 70's i was in Germany)

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I don't really see where it's Exxon's responsibility to make prices low. They are a business. Thier purpose is to make money. If they raise the prices and people still buy thier product then good on them, they made money. The same would go for Wal-Mart, Shoppers, Starbucks, General Motors or anyone. Thier purpose is not to give you stuff for cheap. If you don't like the price, then don't buy it.