Eye Gump

I wear contacts and for some reason, I keep getting this stringy gump in my eyes... :banghead:

I have tried eye drops, saline, keeping contacts out, no eye makeup...nothing is working. My eyes are still producing this mucous. :banghead: It is uncomfortable and I can't stop digging at my eyes.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, do you have any suggestions as to how to help it stop. :frown:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I wear contacts and for some reason, I keep getting this stringy gump in my eyes... :banghead:

I have tried eye drops, saline, keeping contacts out, no eye makeup...nothing is working. My eyes are still producing this mucous. :banghead: It is uncomfortable and I can't stop digging at my eyes.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, do you have any suggestions as to how to help it stop. :frown:

Put the acid in before the contacts ....

KDENISE977

I woke up with gunk... I still have eye drops from infection in April, started them again today. You may have an infection. Gunk follows.

Wenchy

Hot Flash

I went from glasses to contacts. In the 80's we got the contacts (extended wear) You could supposedly sleep in them for a month.

NOT! I had one break off in my eye...not a pretty sight. I had to put on a pirate eyepatch thing to get through finals.

Sounds like allergies.
Yes.

I woke up with gunk... I still have eye drops from infection in April, started them again today. You may have an infection. Gunk follows.
Yes.

Get LASIK

Baja. I am glad you had a good experience.

WR, I would suggest finding the best Opthamologist and consulting them.

I can hardly read this screen anymore and can't drive at night. My LASIK went BAD.

Imagine an earthworm looking like a snake.

:huggy:

Get an appointment and find out what is going on.

Idunno

I had that happen years ago when I wore contacts. I developed a sensitivity to the cleaning solutions and had to go back to glasses. I had lasik in 2005 and got rid of the glasses.

I think she was saying to put the solution on your fingertips also to avoid infection.

That's what I understood from reading her post too. the solution would disinfect your finger tips better than plain water would. I don't think she was being snarky to you, WR.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I think she was saying to put the solution on your fingertips also to avoid infection.

That's what I understood from reading her post too. the solution would disinfect your finger tips better than plain water would. I don't think she was being snarky to you, WR.

That's what I thought. Even if she was being snarky, her username is mAlice. What do you expect? :shrug:

WR, I've had gunk lately as well and I don't wear contacts. I've marked it up to an allergy of some sort, maybe grasses this time of year (?), I don't know.

That's what I thought. Even if she was being snarky, her username is mAlice. What do you expect? :shrug:

WR, I've had gunk lately as well and I don't wear contacts. I've marked it up to an allergy of some sort, maybe grasses this time of year (?), I don't know.

Funny... I thought she was saying to put acid on my fingertips... not solution. :coffee: but whatever. My mistake. Sorry for being so sensitive. She is a wonderful person with a sparkling personality and witty charm. :coffee:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Funny... I thought she was saying to put acid on my fingertips... not solution. :coffee: but whatever. My mistake. Sorry for being so sensitive. She is a wonderful person with a sparkling personality and witty charm. :coffee:

But just imagine all the things you could get away with if you had no fingerprints! :jet:

TGB

First of all, I would stop wearing contacts
Second, need to go to your optometrist.
Third: going by the statement " I can't stop digging at my eyes." sounds like allergies. however, if you are consistently had this then it may be a start of a mild infection no way of confirming with seeing an optometrist.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I agree with the "sounds like allergies" group. When I wore contacts, that's what would happen to me. However, an allergy can turn into an infection if you keep messing with your eyes. Especially if your hands are not clean when you scratch your eyelids, as a small scratch can get infected.