Eye Liners - What's your favorite

tes218

I don't have a very steady hand so liquid liners are not good for me. I've been using a pencil and really loved the ones from Smashbox but it seems they have changed recently.

If you use a pencil, which works best for you and doesn't end up leaving you with 'raccoon eyes' by the middle of the day?

Thanks!

tes218

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencils. They're awesome, you can buy them at Sephora, Ulta or online.

Thanks!

BTW: I ordered the curling wand you suggested and waiting for it to arrive! I know it will take some getting used to but hoping for good results. Thanks.

drivingdaisy

I like powder liner for day, for whatever reason it seems quicker and easier than the pencil. Pencil liner for going out. I'm not that picky about the brand, but I do like the kind that have the smudgy thing at the other end.

WrapLady

Awesome! I hope you love it! It certainly will take some getting used too, like I said, the first time I used it it was an epic failure! However, I finally got it down. Check youtube for instructional videos, there are tons for that specific style wand.

stockgirl

Stocki
I've had a hard time finding one that I like. I like the liquid better but cannot seem to find the right color (dark plum). I don't like using pencils but I can always seem to find my color, it's always too light. :ohwell:

WrapLady

I've had a hard time finding one that I like. I like the liquid better but cannot seem to find the right color (dark plum). I don't like using pencils but I can always seem to find my color, it's always too light. :ohwell:

Have you ever tried Mac's Fluidline in Dark Diverson? It's a dark plum color, very pretty! The liner is more of a gel, it comes in pot so you'll have to apply it with a brush, but it glides so smooth. It's my favorite gel liner.

stockgirl

Stocki
Have you ever tried Mac's Fluidline in Dark Diverson? It's a dark plum color, very pretty! The liner is more of a gel, it comes in pot so you'll have to apply it with a brush, but it glides so smooth. It's my favorite gel liner.

If they do not carry it in a drugstore, it's not in my makeup bag. :lol:

tes218

I like dark plum also. I think black is too dark for me during the day and I like wearing a soft gray shadow when I wear black clothes. The plum brightens up by eyes. I also like light green or teal with liner with other shadows depending on what I'm wearing.

I will smudge the upper line for a softer look for day but if I do the lower line I think it reflects or accentuates the darker circles under my eyes. I'm fair and nothing truly hides it.

stockgirl

Stocki
I like dark plum also. I think black is too dark for me during the day and I like wearing a soft gray shadow when I wear black clothes. The plum brightens up by eyes. I also like light green or teal with liner with other shadows depending on what I'm wearing.

I will smudge the upper line for a softer look for day but if I do the lower line I think it reflects or accentuates the darker circles under my eyes. I'm fair and nothing truly hides it.

I wear a teal from time to time. I have a cheapie pencil for that. I have bright green/blue eyes and the teal really sets them off.

WrapLady

If they do not carry it in a drugstore, it's not in my makeup bag. :lol:

I understand but it's really not so bad. It's $15 and it lasts a LONG time. I usually have to replace it for sanitary reasons before it's even empty. It could be a treat to yourself, just saying :)

stockgirl

Stocki
I understand but it's really not so bad. It's $15 and it lasts a LONG time. I usually have to replace it for sanitary reasons before it's even empty. It could be a treat to yourself, just saying :)

I wear makeup once or twice per month. I'd have to toss it out before it paid for itself. Not to mention the fact that I never go to department stores. Hell, I rarely go to any store other than a grocery store. I have very little spare time.

LuckyMe143

I need one that won't burn my eyes. So fair have tried cover girl, and the others at the store. Doesn't matter if they say it's hypoallergenic my eyes, burn , and swell. My skin is so sensitive. :(

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
bare minerals pencil..so good! its more of a gel type pencil..it goes on so smooth, there are several colors and I can run without it smudging or burning. good stuff.

tes218

The best I have found is Mally eyeliner. That stuff stays on no matter what you do... :coffee:

I tried Mally eyeliner. Got a set of three different colors that were supposed to be 'bulletproof'. Two were just ok but the third, teal, smudged really badly. It was my favorite color but didn't hold up. Other comments were saying the same thing.

nobody really

I need a nap
where do you find mally? i've tried quite a few, mac (smudges), bobby brown (smudges). Its weird with urban decay - some colors do. i guess its the pigment. Someone suggested using an eye lid primer. It helps. but its a pain in the ass.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Avon used to have the best eyeliner pencils. I don't know what happened but now they suck. It could just be my dry skin. :hotflash:

I tried Mally eyeliner. Got a set of three different colors that were supposed to be 'bulletproof'. Two were just ok but the third, teal, smudged really badly. It was my favorite color but didn't hold up. Other comments were saying the same thing.

I have never worn teal eyeliner...:coffee:

I usually wear a soft black... seriously, I can sleep in the stuff and it doesn't move. But that's just my experience. I used to use the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner... for probably 4 years, until I found Mally.
where do you find mally? i've tried quite a few, mac (smudges), bobby brown (smudges). Its weird with urban decay - some colors do. i guess its the pigment. Someone suggested using an eye lid primer. It helps. but its a pain in the ass.

I have only been able to find it online. I got mine on QVC, but I saw it on eBay and Amazon I think.