FAA Investigating 2 Airports For Religious Discrimination After Booting Chick-Fil-A

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"The Department of Transportation has received complaints alleging discrimination by two airport operators against a private company due to the expression of the owner’s religious beliefs," the agency said in a statement to Fox News."The FAA notes that federal requirements prohibit airport operators from excluding persons on the basis of religious creed from participating in airport activities that receive or benefit from FAA grant funding."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/47672/faa-investigating-2-airports-religious-ryan-saavedra

Grumpy

"The Department of Transportation has received complaints alleging discrimination by two airport operators against a private company due to the expression of the owner’s religious beliefs," the agency said in a statement to Fox News."The FAA notes that federal requirements prohibit airport operators from excluding persons on the basis of religious creed from participating in airport activities that receive or benefit from FAA grant funding."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/47672/faa-investigating-2-airports-religious-ryan-saavedra
Really depends on what their contract says when leasing space. Airports are pretty much 24/7 and I have been in airports on Sundays where alot of shops/kiosks are closed. Owing to the popularity(which I don't understand) of Chick Fil A, I would think other franchises open on Sundays would welcome them being closed on Sundays.

SamSpade

Really depends on what their contract says when leasing space. Airports are pretty much 24/7 and I have been in airports on Sundays where alot of shops/kiosks are closed. Owing to the popularity(which I don't understand) of Chick Fil A, I would think other franchises open on Sundays would welcome them being closed on Sundays.

Being closed on Sundays however, are not the reasons it is being discriminated against.
It's primarily that the former owner had contributed to causes opposing things like gay marriage and
supporting organizations that host gay safe exits.

What has caused the furor to die down is - no such anti-gay agenda appears to exist in any form at
the actual stores. There's no discrimination in hiring, treatment of employees and not of any of the
customers.

Somehow - and not without ANY reason, but - somehow - the LGBT political movement has decided that
Christian organizations are their enemy, and they're decided they will fight Christian organizations everywhere.
I think it's because - they're soft targets. Muslims and other violently anti-gay groups will KILL them if they protest.
Christians - won't lift a finger to harm them, at least not physically. For instance, if they had chosen a MUSLIM
bakery to rail against - they'd get a different kind of pushback.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Somehow - and not without ANY reason, but - somehow - the LGBT political movement has decided that Christian organizations are their enemy, and they're decided they will fight Christian organizations everywhere.

because Christians don't support gays marrying and tell them their life style is bad

For instance, if they had chosen a MUSLIM bakery to rail against - they'd get a different kind of pushback.

Yeah but in the intersection battlefield Muslims are OK ...
Progressives ignore the subjugation of women and the murder of Gays and Christians

Tech

Supporter of Chick-fil-a but what concerns does the make up of the stores in the terminal have to do with the operation and safety of the airport? Not a FAA issue but the owners of the airport may need to answer to another agency.

officeguy

Supporter of Chick-fil-a but what concerns does the make up of the stores in the terminal have to do with the operation and safety of the airport? Not a FAA issue but the owners of the airport may need to answer to another agency.

Airports get large amounts of money from the transportation trust fund. Part of the grant assurances is that the airport doesn't discriminate against persons or vendors based on race or religious beliefs. Nothing to do with safety oversight, this is just the FAA enforcing grant requirements.