Facebook access..

2BRN2B

No Question
I usually lurk and come here for the classifieds.

Thought I'd ask a question since advice seems to be decent enough.

Dating again. Not seriously and in multiple. One I'm seeing sent a friend request.

I'm surprised that it hasn't happened sooner and the thing is, I like this one but in no hurry.

Advice on how to handle? I know I can add them to a specific list but I'm not into a lot of maintenance of permissions other than I lock my #### down.

Social media and all its unsociable aspects is not something I'm looking forward to using!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
No need to rush if you are not comfortable. Tell them you're not ready to add them to that part of your life. They should understand.

Best of luck in your dating endeavors. It can be a wild ride. Buckle your seat belt and hang on.

2BRN2B

No Question
Best of luck in your dating endeavors. It can be a wild ride. Buckle your seat belt and hang on.

The ride has been akin to taking a trip without a map and no coffee. And it's raining. And the kids are screaming. The windshield wipers suck, everyone's got to pee, and the next stop is 62 miles. Did I mention the radio is broke?

I digress.

I did say no. They asked what was I hiding? Ironically, another stick in the pot asked as well. What the hell. I added them both and put them on the restricted list. Now I just look boring.

Works for me!

The ride has been akin to taking a trip without a map and no coffee. And it's raining. And the kids are screaming. The windshield wipers suck, everyone's got to pee, and the next stop is 62 miles. Did I mention the radio is broke?

I digress.

I did say no. They asked what was I hiding? Ironically, another stick in the pot asked as well. What the hell. I added them both and put them on the restricted list. Now I just look boring.

Works for me!

Consider it a sh!t filter- Id be done with someone that asked me what I was hiding. Id also be done with anyone who thinks adding someone to FB is a "step" in a relationship. Nothing but trouble that cancer that is FB.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

:roflmao:

I have all sorts of acquaintances on my FB, so I might add someone I've dated once or twice if I liked them enough to want to keep up with them. However, you should be able to decline a FB request with no questions asked; to be challenged on it would annoy me.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Advice on how to handle? !

This depends on how you use FB.

If you use it rather casually, not much personal, stuff you really could care less if they see, just accept them and then delete if it comes to that. No biggee.

I use it for a lot pics, family stuff, that is more personal and not for someone who is just one of many I am casually dating.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
It would seem this person is using FB as a deliberate way to find out more about you; hence, the question of what you were hiding. They are probably looking at it as one of those protective type measures, you know, to make sure you're not a mass murderer or something. :lol:

lucky_bee

RBF expert

Works for me!

That annoys me. That's some serious insecure crap right there. I don't have patience for a guy I barely know whining about how my profile is on lockdown. I've only friended one guy I was casually dating at the time, immediately regretted it bc it's not something I like to do, and he got all pissy when I removed him when we stopped dating. Usually I wait until we're a somewhat established couple to start linking Facebook profiles. And besides the one guy, I haven't had any other problems with guys understanding that.

2BRN2B

No Question
Consider it a sh!t filter- Id be done with someone that asked me what I was hiding. Id also be done with anyone who thinks adding someone to FB is a "step" in a relationship. Nothing but trouble that cancer that is FB.

I get it. But it is annoying. You hit the nail that FB is a cancer.

2BRN2B

No Question
:roflmao:

I have all sorts of acquaintances on my FB, so I might add someone I've dated once or twice if I liked them enough to want to keep up with them. However, you should be able to decline a FB request with no questions asked; to be challenged on it would annoy me.

It's a good thing business is slow today because I'm not getting much done!

It wasn't a challenge per'se, but offhanded regardless. Applicability of "should" is the point. So many people use that damn site it's hard to get away from. I am just going to effectively use the permissions.

2BRN2B

No Question
This depends on how you use FB.

If you use it rather casually, not much personal, stuff you really could care less if they see, just accept them and then delete if it comes to that. No biggee.

I use it for a lot pics, family stuff, that is more personal and not for someone who is just one of many I am casually dating.

Mine is very personal. Only people I actually know are on mine, and I like it that way. Lots of family stuff too. I have no problem with delete, but since having learned the value of "lists", I'm golden!

2BRN2B

No Question
I just saw that we can multiquote here. Nice!

It would seem this person is using FB as a deliberate way to find out more about you; hence, the question of what you were hiding. They are probably looking at it as one of those protective type measures, you know, to make sure you're not a mass murderer or something. :lol:

Don't people deliberately want to know more about someone that you're getting to know. Social media has upped the stalker gene exponentially. I concur regarding the mass murderer aspect, but if you're doing it right, you're not going to get that vibe on my page! ;)

That annoys me. That's some serious insecure crap right there. I don't have patience for a guy I barely know whining about how my profile is on lockdown. I've only friended one guy I was casually dating at the time, immediately regretted it bc it's not something I like to do, and he got all pissy when I removed him when we stopped dating. Usually I wait until we're a somewhat established couple to start linking Facebook profiles. And besides the one guy, I haven't had any other problems with guys understanding that.

Yes, and no. Regarding the insecurity. People are curious. Some can control it better than others. And I know these people well enough, but someone's not going to make the cut eventually. I like my privacy. I don't want some innuendo or lovey dovey bull#### memes on my page. LOL men and women are equally bad. People want to mark their territory.

I will never link my FB profile to a person I'm dating. No matter how serious it were to ever get. That functionality is ridiculous. :shortbus:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I just saw that we can multiquote here. Nice!

Don't people deliberately want to know more about someone that you're getting to know. Social media has upped the stalker gene exponentially. I concur regarding the mass murderer aspect, but if you're doing it right, you're not going to get that vibe on my page! ;)

That's what Maryland Case Search is for :coffee:

Yes, and no. Regarding the insecurity. People are curious. Some can control it better than others. And I know these people well enough, but someone's not going to make the cut eventually. I like my privacy. I don't want some innuendo or lovey dovey bull#### memes on my page. LOL men and women are equally bad. People want to mark their territory.

I will never link my FB profile to a person I'm dating. No matter how serious it were to ever get. That functionality is ridiculous. :shortbus:

Not necessarily "linking" them like I'm in a relationship with so-and-so but just being friends on it. I too, keep mine extremely private. No one's on there that I haven't met IRL. And I get that they could be curious, but I'm of the notion that if I want to share something with you that'd be on my FB page, I'd show you myself. Hey look at this funny picture of my dog! This is the painting I did at Wine and Design last week! That's all I post anyways. If I feel like I can't share those things with you on one of my dates, it makes me consider my reasons for continuing to date you. I don't really use my FB for politics or in-depth discussions or anything too revealing anyways. Strictly pet pics and once in awhile, something that catches my eye.