Facebook Sucks

GregV814

looks like 500 MILLION FACEBOOKERS HAD THEIR INFORMTION "ACCIDENTALLY" HACKED... ooooopsy daisy

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
So glad I deleted FB Dec 2019. I can imagine all the virtue signaling I missed between the riots/Police hating/mask wearing/vaccine/etc.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
looks like 500 MILLION FACEBOOKERS HAD THEIR INFORMTION "ACCIDENTALLY" HACKED... ooooopsy daisy

according to Facebook the information was ' scraped ' from the site prior to 2019 and it is the fault of the users

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Yeah, well, I dont even check it daily, every few days. Went to log in yesterday, email change happened Sunday.

Getting a true run around trying to fix it. Need to get back in so I can delete the damn thing.

Grumpy

Yeah, well, I dont even check it daily, every few days. Went to log in yesterday, email change happened Sunday.

Getting a true run around trying to fix it. Need to get back in so I can delete the damn thing.
Sister had hers stolen..FB was no help at all and she tried for weeks to get her original account back..she finally gave up and opened a new account.

Clem72

according to Facebook the information was ' scraped ' from the site prior to 2019 and it is the fault of the users

It kind-of is. If you left your profile open to all, and someone went through and downloaded everything you posted publicly, that's on you. This isn't password and credit card numbers being stolen.

my-thyme

Patron
They changed my email, so every attempt to get a security code to get into the account goes to an email I dont know. Then they changed the password. Feels like stolen to me.

my-thyme

Patron
It just astounds me that such a huge web presence doesn't have more in place for a "what if" like this.

There's no reason I couldn't be back in my account in minutes. When I follow the "I've been hacked" link, I keep getting a "technical difficulties" error.

I hope the entire thing crashes and BURNS.