Facebook

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I'm not on it, but I keep getting peer pressure to get on it. So, do I just go to google and type in "facebook" and set up an account?

Any stuff I should be aware of or not post (other than the obvious stuff)?

Anyone that can give me any advice, I'd appreciate it. Also, I am a tard as far as puters go, so the advice must be given in really simple instructions. TIA.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I'm not on it, but I keep getting peer pressure to get on it. So, do I just go to google and type in "facebook" and set up an account?

Anyone that can give me any advice, I'd appreciate it. Also, I am a tard as far as puters go, so the advice must be given in really simple instructions. TIA.

just remember this, if you use your real name, anyone on the face of this planet that you knew any time in your entire life will find you. Have fun. :howdy:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

register there. I'd suggest put only as much on (including pics, etc) as you want people to be able to see...but I think you know that already. After you register, there are privacy settings at the top of the page (top right -- Settings) after you login and you can make it so your stuff hardly shows up anywhere to anyone.

Just so you know, if you use any of the facebook applications they can take any of your info that you post, even if you have stuff blocked for everyone else. Any time you click the random links on peoples pages where they send you stuff or ask you to do stuff, it'll say "allow this application".

kinda tough to explain all the ins and outs but if you post questions then we can answer stuff for ya

just remember this, if you use your real name, anyone on the face of this planet that you knew any time in your entire life will find you. Have fun. :howdy:

luckily you can ignore people who try to add you as friends if you don't feel comfortable adding them to your page or aren't sure who they are. :smile:

Im_Me

Make sure you play all the games and invite your friends to play too by sending them "gifts"

Be sure to tell about any dental work you have done.

Cap off a full night of "connecting" by talking about how you are going to bed.

Other than these crucial events I don't think much goes on on there (though I have connected with some old friends)

Last edited:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
just remember this, if you use your real name, anyone on the face of this planet that you knew any time in your entire life will find you.
Very true. :lol: Although, I did a quick search on your (BSG's) name and it returned 228 results, so it's not always a spot-on hit.

luckily you can ignore people who try to add you as friends if you don't feel comfortable adding them to your page or aren't sure who they are.
I've turned down a few people, so it can be done painlessly.

The basics (writing/posting to your Wall) and uploading photos are pretty straightforward.

As for what not to post... there's a thread in FC that could guide you about that. :lol:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
All true, but the fact is they know you exist.:evil:

Seriously though, facebook is great and of course I use it, I also use myspace and twitter, so I'm found no matter what. :killingme

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Like they've said, don't post personal stuff. Some people post everything they do on there for attention...

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Well, I won't go on as BS Gal, but would like to use my maiden name along with my married name.. Can I do that? Everyone I know loves facebook, but then there are those that put too much info out there.

And I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings by not accepting them. I guess if any of you want to come on, you would have to identify yourself first as you forum name???? Am I right?

This is what I plan to do tomorrow. I'm a bit skeered of it but think it would be a great place to connect with people from my past.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Make sure you play all the games and invite your friends to play too by sending them "gifts"

Be sure to tell about any dental work you have done.

Cap off a full night of "connecting" by talking about how you are going to bed.

Other than these crucial events I don't think much goes on on there (though I have connected with some old friends)

You must have more boring friends than I do. Mine actually post things I want to hear about (most of the time).

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Fortunately, that's all they can know if you ignore them. Of course, you can still see each other's posts on a common friend's wall, potentially.

You must have more boring friends than I do. Mine actually post things I want to hear about (most of the time).

:roflmao: I would hope I am more entertaining that that. Tonight I was texting about how you should NOT put Ben Gay on your aching thigh and then pull your undies up over the Ben Gay. Talk about burning love.....

R

remaxrealtor

:roflmao: I would hope I am more entertaining that that. Tonight I was texting about how you should NOT put Ben Gay on your aching thigh and then pull your undies up over the Ben Gay. Talk about burning love.....

We've had "burning love" as well..lol! I sometimes forget that my loss of senses for taste andsmell aren't so forgiving to R!

How are you?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
We've had "burning love" as well..lol! I sometimes forget that my loss of senses for taste andsmell aren't so forgiving to R!

How are you?

She deleted her post which was confusing to me anyway. I'm doing okay. I just sleep a lot. :lol:

R

remaxrealtor

She deleted her post which was confusing to me anyway. I'm doing okay. I just sleep a lot. :lol:

There are terms I don't use on here....BUT some people deserve them!

ANYWHO....any chance you'd have time for coffee tomorrow? My treat...I'll come to you!:love:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Wait a minute! You do have a FB. I have a friend request pending from months ago.