facebook

This has been one of the funniest things I have seen in the past couple days. One of my friends said... "and I'm just sitting over here like..."

homer.jpg

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I don't have any ranters on my FB newsfeed. Just opinions. A lot of memes being shared. People are irritated/pissed off - it's understandable given what is going on.

I don't have any ranters on my FB newsfeed. Just opinions. A lot of memes being shared. People are irritated/pissed off - it's understandable given what is going on.

Mine are ranting. :ohwell: Specifically about refugees being allowed in the U.S. Opinions vary from the far left to the far right. Pretty sure some friendships have ended in the past few days. :banghead:

NextJen

Raisin cane
It's only going to get worse up until election time.
I try to pay more attention to the awesome recipes that are posted.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Mine are ranting. :ohwell: Specifically about refugees being allowed in the U.S. Opinions vary from the far left to the far right. Pretty sure some friendships have ended in the past few days. :banghead:

I had to unfollow Mikey/Baja too. :lol:

Bann

PREMO Member

Yes, I have a lot of posts about refugees, too. I just don't have any radical ranters on my FB page. I do, however, have friends who are raging liberals and some who are ultra conservative. They just don't act ignorant and get all stupid about their rants.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
You all need new friends

Mine are about:

Hunting
Fishing
Food
Babies
Puppies
Sunrises
Sunsets
Pretty girls
Boats
Trucks

I like my freinds

Christy

b*tch rocket
I do, however, have friends who are raging liberals and some who are ultra conservative. They just don't act ignorant and get all stupid about their rants.

Oh I have seen some doozies on my fb page. Had one (gay) male friend post the meme with the Pilgrims and the Indians, basically having the Pilgrims as the refugees. I wanted to respond "dude, how'd that work out for the Indians, welcoming in those refugees?". Another (gay) male friend posted, asking how his family and friends who are railing about the refugees would feel if he decided to convert to Islam. Then a female friend went on a long winded self introspection on being a humanitarian and how all lives have value, it weaved its way into patting herself on the back for buying food for a guy with a sign saying he was a homeless vet (don't ask me how. I'm still trying to figure out myself, how she went from saving Syrian refugees to buying a burger for a vet).

I have noticed that most of the folks on my fb page who are distraught over the mistreatment of Muslims, are the very same folks who lose their #### over how poorly the LGBT is treated in America. They're the first to want to boycott Chic Filet, or the Christian Hobby shop, and it's quite the travesty that some damn bakery didn't bake them a wedding cake. They're also the same individuals who feel that if a woman gets drunk and bangs a dude (or dude's), that it should be considered rape, and the perpetrators should be rotting away in prison.

It seems completely lost on these individuals that homosexuality is illegal in almost every single Islamic run Country in the World. Those "moderate" Muslims will throw you in jail (or worse) for simply being gay. They also don't seem to realize that even for moderate Muslims, women have little to no rights, if she gets raped, it's her fault. A woman can be stoned to death for the most minor of infractions.

:banghead:

Christy

b*tch rocket
And it just keeps coming.... :banghead:

Okay, I may catch some hell for this. However, I feel this needs to be out on the table.

I will be honest: At first, I took the stance that maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to take in refugees not only because of the Paris attacks, but also for what happened after the Boston Marathon. It was brought to my attention that the two bombers that bombed the marathon were also refugees.

However, I am reminded that it only takes a small handful of extremists to make everyone, in general, look bad. Not every Syrian refugee is a terrorist! These people are caught up in a civil war they didn't want nor needed. They have no home to go back to. They are dissidents of a regime that would rather kill them then welcome them back home.

I was always taught to put myself in the other persons shoes. Over the last few days, I have done that. What if I was just an ordinary family member whose government said to me "either join ISIS or die" I don't want to join ISIS but neither do I want me or my family to be executed. I need to get somewhere where I can find political asylum or safety for my family. If this was your family, wouldn't you want that?

People, you need to put yourselves in their shoes. What information you get is from the talking heads and bloviators who know nothing about what is going on in Syria. They are only giving you talking points and scripts written by our own brand of right wing extremists who consider those not like them to be threats. They think only in absolutes, black and white, us vs. them.

Their job is to keep people in a constant state of fear, panic, and isolation. Ignorance is their weapon of choice. The less the public knows, the easier it is to control them. Repeat the lie long enough and often enough people will begin to believe it. Every Muslim is a terrorist no matter how good they say they are. Because you know Boston and 911...oh,and Paris!

Bann

PREMO Member
Oh I have seen some doozies on my fb page. Had one (gay) male friend post the meme with the Pilgrims and the Indians, basically having the Pilgrims as the refugees. I wanted to respond "dude, how'd that work out for the Indians, welcoming in those refugees?". Another (gay) male friend posted, asking how his family and friends who are railing about the refugees would feel if he decided to convert to Islam. Then a female friend went on a long winded self introspection on being a humanitarian and how all lives have value, it weaved its way into patting herself on the back for buying food for a guy with a sign saying he was a homeless vet (don't ask me how. I'm still trying to figure out myself, how she went from saving Syrian refugees to buying a burger for a vet).

I have noticed that most of the folks on my fb page who are distraught over the mistreatment of Muslims, are the very same folks who lose their #### over how poorly the LGBT is treated in America. They're the first to want to boycott Chic Filet, or the Christian Hobby shop, and it's quite the travesty that some damn bakery didn't bake them a wedding cake. They're also the same individuals who feel that if a woman gets drunk and bangs a dude (or dude's), that it should be considered rape, and the perpetrators should be rotting away in prison.

It seems completely lost on these individuals that homosexuality is illegal in almost every single Islamic run Country in the World. Those "moderate" Muslims will throw you in jail (or worse) for simply being gay. They also don't seem to realize that even for moderate Muslims, women have little to no rights, if she gets raped, it's her fault. A woman can be stoned to death for the most minor of infractions.

:banghead:

I actually did see the Indian and the Pilgrim meme. I might disagree with some of the memes I see (in this case, that one) but I didn't think of that particular one as going on an ignorant rant. I really don't get offended at a lot of what my friends or relatives say(post), but I also just don't comment on most of the stuff I consider dumb or wrong, especially if I think it will cause strife in a friend or relative's relationship with me.

It's still early though - there might be worse ones yet to come! :lol: