Fairtax, for or against?

awpitt

Main Streeter
5: If you were to read the bill.... or the book... you would find out that one of the things that will have to happen before the Fairtax can be enacted is the repeal of the 16th amendment.
Again, the 16th amendment would not need to be repealed in order to move forward with the "Fairtax". Now, it would be beneficial to repeal the 16th to be sure the govt wouldn't bring back the income tax on top of the sales tax but repeal is not needed as the 16th amedment has no language requiring an income tax....

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

The 16th amendment only authorizes Congress to collect taxes on income. It doesn't require it.

Pushrod

Patriot
Note: This is NOT about Huckabee.... Just the Fairtax :buddies:

Yes, I would be for this. Something has to change as the taxing system we have in place now is too burdensome. At a point when the tax burden approaches 50% it reduces us to nothing more then slaves.

awpitt

Main Streeter

I read through the info and I must say, I might be convinced. I've always been a supporter of the flat tax as advocated by Dick Armey and Steve Forbes but this "Fairtax" proposal makes a lot more sense. I have been skeptical of national sales tax proposals, probably because I confused them with VAT taxes like they have in Europe. One concern is that if states don't follow through, it might not have all the benefits they talk about on the Website.

R

RadioPatrol

yeah if people had to pay taxes monthly or quarterly like any other bill, you might hear a bit more #####ing about the cost of Gov. and people would pay more attention to every Politician that stated the Gov. needs to build this bridge to no where, give USAID to that not so friendly Gov. fund studies on grasshoppers ....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
With all the recent talk about the president's taxes and rich people paying taxes in general, I felt it was time to bump this up.

A national sales tax is the solution. No more taxing people's labor. Tax their consumption. Do away with filing taxes all together. But then the politicians lose the ability to manipulate what gets taxed and what can be deducted.

Why only tax 140-150 million workers? Let's tax the consumption of 300+ million citizens and while we are at it all the foreign visitors that come here annually(they are in the millions, we see them at all the national parks).

You buy something, you are allowing yourself to be taxed. Don't want to be taxed, then keep your money in your wallet.

That is the only way the wealthy are going to pay their fair share. They consume more so they'll pay more. Oh and all the under the table, undeclared tips and illegal money (drugs, mafia, prostitution, theft) gets taxed when making purchases. Currently that money never is taxed.

And no money withheld from your paycheck. Earn $10, get paid $10.

FairTax

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

With all the recent talk about the president's taxes and rich people paying taxes in general, I felt it was time to bump this up.

A national sales tax is the solution. No more taxing people's labor. Tax their consumption. Do away with filing taxes all together. But then the politicians lose the ability to manipulate what gets taxed and what can be deducted.

Why only tax 140-150 million workers? Let's tax the consumption of 300+ million citizens and while we are at it all the foreign visitors that come here annually(they are in the millions, we see them at all the national parks).

You buy something, you are allowing yourself to be taxed. Don't want to be taxed, then keep your money in your wallet.

That is the only way the wealthy are going to pay their fair share. They consume more so they'll pay more. Oh and all the under the table, undeclared tips and illegal money (drugs, mafia, prostitution, theft) gets taxed when making purchases. Currently that money never is taxed.

And no money withheld from your paycheck. Earn $10, get paid $10.FairTax
No, a fair tax is not the solution. The solution would be to target the actual cause of the problem, getting rid of debt based currency. Also known as the elimination of the Federal Reserve act of 1913. And the return to sound money controlled by "We the People", not a private, for profit, banking cartel.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Exactly, which is why they hate it.

Texas has no state income tax, but a higher sales tax. Not only do they seem to be doing quite well with it, people like me who are just here to visit are kicking into the coffers.

Fair tax makes so much financial sense that the politicians will never go for it.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If I may ...

No, a fair tax is not the solution. The solution would be to target the actual cause of the problem, getting rid of debt based currency. Also known as the elimination of the Federal Reserve act of 1913. And the return to sound money controlled by "We the People", not a private, for profit, banking cartel.
OK, I have 2 items on my menu. 1 is the current tax system. The other is the FairTax. Pick one.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

OK, I have 2 items on my menu. 1 is the current tax system. The other is the FairTax. Pick one.
Well then, I'm not eating at your restaurant. Don't like the menu.

Fiat currency is not just a crime and a tool for larceny.

Fiat currency is SLAVERY. Ultimately the most harmful effect of using debt of undefined value as money (i.e. fiat currencies) is the de facto legalization of a caste system based on voluntary slavery. The bankers have a charter, or the legal right, to create money out of nothing.

You, you don't. Therefore you and the bankers do not have the same standing before the law. The law of the land says that you will go to jail if you do the same thing (creating money out of thin air) that the banker does in full legality. You and the banker are not equal before the law. ALL the countries of the world; Islamic or secular, Jewish or Arab, democracy or dictatorship; all of them place the bankers ABOVE you. And all of you accept that, only whining about fiat money going down in exchange value over time (price inflation which is not the same as monetary inflation).

Actually price inflation itself is mainly due to the greed and stupidity of the bankers who could keep fiat money's exchange value fairly stable, only if they wanted to. Witness the crash of silver and gold prices which the bankers of the world; Russian, American, Chinese, Jewish, Indian, Arab, all of them collaborated to engineer through the suppression and stagnation of precious metals' prices to levels around the metals' production costs, or what it costs to dig gold and silver out of the ground.

The bankers of the world could also collaborate to keep nominal prices steady (as they do in the case of the suppression of precious metals prices). After all, the ability to create fiat money and force its usage is a far greater source of power and wealth than that which is afforded simply by stealing it through inflation. The bankers' greed and stupidity blinds them to this fact. They want it all and they want it now.

In conclusion, the bankers can create money out of nothing and buy your goods and services with this worthless fiat money, effectively for free. You, you can't. You, you have to lead miserable existences for the most of you and WORK in order to obtain that effectively nonexistent, worthless credit money (whose purchasing/exchange value is not even DEFINED thus rendering all contracts based on them null and void!) that the banker effortlessly creates out of thin air with a few strokes of the computer keyboard, and which he doesn't even bother to print on paper anymore, electing to keep it in its pure quantum uncertain form instead, as electrons whizzing about inside computer chips which will become mute and turn silent refusing to tell you how many fiat dollars or euros there are in which account, in the absence of electricity. No electricity, no fiat nor crypto money.

You accept, condone and support your own slavery. You live and die and kill for fake money in full contempt of, and in opposition to truth (reality), honor and justice.

You are spending borrowed money, (all currency in circulation is the result of a loan, aka borrowed into existence), that somewhere, by someone, if not yourself as well, is being paid back with interest that was never created, on top of it of being taxed because you came into possession of it because someone paid you using the same borrowed money.

You must understand that the system is designed to keep you enslaved. Unless you target the problem, fiat currency, and central bankers, (The Fed), there is no real and lasting permanent solution. You, you are just kicking the can down the road by not opening up to the real problem.

DaSDGuy

Again, the 16th amendment would not need to be repealed in order to move forward with the "Fairtax". Now, it would be beneficial to repeal the 16th to be sure the govt wouldn't bring back the income tax on top of the sales tax but repeal is not needed as the 16th amedment has no language requiring an income tax....

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

The 16th amendment only authorizes Congress to collect taxes on income. It doesn't require it.
Agree. Setting all income tax rates to zero accomplishes the same thing.

SamSpade

Can someone explain something to me?
If there are embedded taxes in retail items - who normally gets THOSE?
Isn't taking away a 22% tax from embedded taxes and REPLACING it with a 23% tax afterward like taking
five bucks out of one pocket and putting it into the other?

Or was it mentioned incorrectly - not 22% embedded TAXES but 22% embedded COSTS?