Falling away

NextJen

Raisin cane
I've been thinking about this quite a bit lately. That in the end times there would be a falling away from the faith. (1 Tim 4:1)

I see how people turn more to government than to God.

I heard an Obama campaign commercial that depicted two women talking. One woman stated that her pastor had just talked about being against gay marriage, and the other woman went on to say that President Obama had come out in support of it and played a sound bite from her cell phone for the other woman. The other woman then replied (paraphrasing), well, he explained it so well, I think I will vote for it! Can you imagine? Placing the words of the President over a man of God?

Those are just two things I've noticed. Then I see this article on WTOP:
Oldest Md. Episcopal parish ending services - WTOP.com

Any thoughts / comments / other scriptures that have come to your mind lately since the election?

Zguy28

I've been thinking about this quite a bit lately. That in the end times there would be a falling away from the faith. (1 Tim 4:1)

I heard an Obama campaign commercial that depicted two women talking. One woman stated that her pastor had just talked about being against gay marriage, and the other woman went on to say that President Obama had come out in support of it and played a sound bite from her cell phone for the other woman. The other woman then replied (paraphrasing), well, he explained it so well, I think I will vote for it! Can you imagine? Placing the words of the President over a man of God?

Any thoughts / comments / other scriptures that have come to your mind lately since the election?
It is easy to feel depressed over stuff like that. There is no doubt that our Western culture is taking the brunt of the secular humanist assault and atheism is becoming more popular.

But also remember, that in other parts of the world, parts that were previously atheist just 40 years ago (many still are that way), the church of Jesus Christ is flourishing! In Africa and Asia, many new disciples are being made every day and making progress against the spiritual forces of darkness with the gospel.

The Power of the Meek - Gospel for Asia

International Mission Board :: News & Information

My take: Why my church rebelled against the American Dream – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Starman3000m

It is easy to feel depressed over stuff like that. There is no doubt that our Western culture is taking the brunt of the secular humanist assault and atheism is becoming more popular.

But also remember, that in other parts of the world, parts that were previously atheist just 40 years ago (many still are that way), the church of Jesus Christ is flourishing! In Africa and Asia, many new disciples are being made every day and making progress against the spiritual forces of darkness with the gospel.

This reminded me of the following verse in Scripture where Jesus stated:

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. (Matthew 24:14)

There has never been a greater opportunity to spread the Gospel of Christ's Kingdom than in today's age of modern technology and instant communications. Soon, literally all the world will have heard this Message.

Starman3000m

This reminded me of the verses in Scripture where Jesus stated the following:

MATTHEW 24:

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
(Matthew 24:38-42)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
IF you are a Christian and have actually read the Bible, then you know that the end was preordained and there is nothing you can do about it. You also know that it will get worse - much much worse - before it gets better.

As the AA people say, "let go and let God".

StoneThrower

Many will fall away, not because we are able to loose of faith if we truly have it. These are those that are deceived about their salvation and are examples of the bad soils. 80% of the US claims to be Christian while only 5% have a life style that reflects that they are!
The church is the greatest mission Field in North America.
If the church has denigrated then the country will do like wise.
Johnny Mac just did a sermon about societies that kill their children are pagan and that we have a political party thats primary platform is killing our children.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ah5ox0dVnsc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

StoneThrower

Johnny Mac just did a sermon about societies that kill their children are pagan and that we have a political party thats primary platform is killing our children.

"that one of the historic parties here in the United States adopted the sins of
Romans 1 as their platform. This is a new day in our country. Parties which used to differ on economics now differ dramatically on issues that invade the realm of God’s law and morality.

In an ideal situation, their platform would mean that the government passes out condoms so people can fornicate at will. For those who happen to get pregnant in the process, platform advocates that you kill the baby at the will of the mother, up and including the ninth month.

At the same time, it advocates a homosexual marriage, which is an oxymoron, an utter impossibility,
and a gross violation of the law of God. And then to add to that, the murder of abortion, and then a platform originally leaving God out. All of that’s Romans 1. Romans 1 says God will judge, God has judged throughout human history, nations that experience sexual freedom. Romans chapter 1 lays that out clearly: the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against those who advocate sexual freedom, sexual conduct outside of marriage. And that’s an indication of the demise of a nation.

And then Romans 1 also says that God will judge those nations that advocate homosexual behavior, men with men, women with women, doing what is unnatural. They are also haters of God, haters of God--leaving God out, advocating abortion, advocating homosexuality, advocating free sexual
conduct and government-provided condoms so that everybody can do what they want.

That is literally creating a platform out of what God hates."

To me it is ironic that those who pride themselves on defending the rights of the weak, murder them in the womb when they are the most weak. What kind of hypocrisy is that?

Self-congratulating pseudo-humanitarians advocate a deadly force of violence unleashed against infants that makes the Nazi Holocaust look mild by comparison. In our world, we’re slaughtering between fifty and sixty
million babies a year. In the United States on record is 1.5 million abortions a year.

Every third baby conceived is murdered in the womb. Four thousand a day plus, 170 an hour--Planned Parenthood alone kills one every ninety-five seconds."

Its legal to do to a child what you cant do to cat!

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
Stonethrower, you have become my reason to post in this forum. Someone has to counter the sheer blindness with what you post.

Go back and count how many times you wrote "God will judge"

So, why not let him do it, in his own time and own way. Pretty sure he doesn't need your help.

Starman and Baydoll, THIS person is why I will walk my path and want no part of your "Christianity".

I have read the words of your prophet and messiah and I personally do not think it aligns with the hatred and intolerance someone like Stonethrower spouts.

hotcoffee

Stonethrower, you have become my reason to post in this forum. Someone has to counter the sheer blindness with what you post.

So, why not let him do it, in his own time and own way. Pretty sure he doesn't need your help.

Starman and Baydoll, THIS person is why I will walk my path and want no part of your "Christianity".

I have read the words of your prophet and messiah and I personally do not think it aligns with the hatred and intolerance someone like Stonethrower spouts.

I hear this from a lot of people about a lot of other people. Stonethrower is not in a boat alone.

When I was a child, one of my friends made fun of me because I popped a dried kidney bean in my mouth. They said something about beans cause gas and, in my young mind, I though that one bean was going to cause me a horrible gas problem for the rest of my life.

I didn't eat beans [dried or well soaked and cooked] until I became an adult. I read that, properly prepared, beans are a tasty and safe source of protein and fiber. Is that great?

Cheezgrits, the time to make a decision for Christ is short. You may not have "the rest of your life" because you don't know when your life will end. A truck might fly out of the sky today. It would be horrible for you to miss out on what eternal life in Christ has to offer.

There are at least two philosophies about preaching.... and Stonethrower is really preaching after all. IMHO Stonethrower is using guilt. I like the honest love approach myself.

I hope you will consider the fact [it's historical fact] that Jesus was hung on a cross to die for you. He went through a horrible death.

The prophets of God in the old testament were dead on with all their predictions. In the old testament a prophet said that people would become dung spread all over the place.... and it happened... the birds and the beasts ate the people then pooped them out! Unbelievable but logical and true... right"

The prophets foretold that Jesus would be born and they said He would be martyred. It happened.... They also said that He would rise again and ascend into Heaven. I believe it did happen and I also believe it only happened because Jesus is indeed the Savior.

Prophets say He will be back, but from what I've read I don't think anyone would really want to be around for the last seven years before He returns. I sincerely hope [and just prayed] that reason would win in your heart and you will give your life to Jesus so that you can know the Love of Christ before it's too late.

Here's a book for you to check into.... Are We Living in the End Times?
by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. It'll snap your suspenders!

:coffee:

hotcoffee

IF you are a Christian and have actually read the Bible, then you know that the end was preordained and there is nothing you can do about it. You also know that it will get worse - much much worse - before it gets better.

As the AA people say, "let go and let God".

You are so right Vrai..... IMHO Never before has there been a generation that should be so sure that the End is Near.

IMHO if there is anyone who is sitting on the fence about Christ.... we should be talking to them so they don't have to live through the seven years before the Second Coming!

When Israel enters into a seven year peace accord, it's too late....

:coffee:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

:yay:

It's always interesting to me when "Christians" aren't content to be the clay and think they should be the potter instead.

StoneThrower

Really, It seems more like an attention grab to me!

Really? You have a lot of backing up to do for all the accusations you make, you can start with these!
Blindness (Please do tell more)
Hatred (its more loving to confront someone, rather than coddle them, and let them believe lies)
Intolerance (You have to have a disagreement in order to tolerate someone!)

Have you ever though of building a logical argument, based on something other than an emotional response? Its hard to debate something thats not logical.

So, why not let him do it, in his own time and own way. Pretty sure he doesn't need your help..

So God will judge, I never said he need my help thats your wording, my job is to warn you of the wrath to come, it ends there.

"Have you no concern for the unsaved? Then you are not saved yourself, be sure of that." -Charles Spurgeon

"Many do not recognize the fact as they ought, that Satan has got men fast asleep in sin and that it is his great device to keep them so. He does not care what we do if he can do that. We may sing songs about the sweet by and by, preach sermons and say prayers until doomsday, and he will never concern himself about us, if we don't wake anybody up. But if we awake the sleeping sinner he will gnash on us with his teeth. This is our work -to wake people up." --Catherine Booth-

"If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our bodies. And if they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees, imploring them to stay. If hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for." -Charles Spurgeon

Starman and Baydoll, THIS person is why I will walk my path and want no part of your "Christianity"..

Don't try using me for an excuse for your rebellion against God. God can see through it and so can everyone else. Thats a ponzi scheme, quick let me blame someone else for what they didn't do ,and divert the attention from myself or perhaps cause more attention to yourself, pick your poison.

First off Christ is not a prophet, your not going to get off calling Him a good teacher, He is who he claims to be (God) or He's not good, he would be a liar.

Your name calling, and playing the victim make it really hard to hold a conversation with you, especially when I am confronting another false world religion and not even yours!

And OBTW I have said nothing about your Red Road until now, you're screaming foul when your not even being addressed.

Jesus said He is the only way, so if you don't like it take it up with Him.

OBTW Your judging me and being intolerant of me, feeling kind of foolish yet?
Or is it back to more name calling, heck why not even use a few cuss words thats always impressive!

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
Really, It seems more like an attention grab to me!

Really? You have a lot of backing up to do for all the accusations you make, you can start with these!
Blindness (Please do tell more)
Hatred (its more loving to confront someone, rather than coddle them, and let them believe lies)
Intolerance (You have to have a disagreement in order to tolerate someone!)

Have you ever though of building a logical argument, based on something other than an emotional response? Its hard to debate something thats not logical.

So God will judge, I never said he need my help thats your wording, my job is to warn you of the wrath to come, it ends there.

"Have you no concern for the unsaved? Then you are not saved yourself, be sure of that." -Charles Spurgeon

"Many do not recognize the fact as they ought, that Satan has got men fast asleep in sin and that it is his great device to keep them so. He does not care what we do if he can do that. We may sing songs about the sweet by and by, preach sermons and say prayers until doomsday, and he will never concern himself about us, if we don't wake anybody up. But if we awake the sleeping sinner he will gnash on us with his teeth. This is our work -to wake people up." --Catherine Booth-

"If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our bodies. And if they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees, imploring them to stay. If hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for." -Charles Spurgeon

Don't try using me for an excuse for your rebellion against God. God can see through it and so can everyone else. Thats a ponzi scheme, quick let me blame someone else for what they didn't do ,and divert the attention from myself or perhaps cause more attention to yourself, pick your poison.

First off Christ is not a prophet, your not going to get off calling Him a good teacher, He is who he claims to be (God) or He's not good, he would be a liar.

Your name calling, and playing the victim make it really hard to hold a conversation with you, especially when I am confronting another false world religion and not even yours!

And OBTW I have said nothing about your Red Road until now, you're screaming foul when your not even being addressed.

Jesus said He is the only way, so if you don't like it take it up with Him.

OBTW Your judging me and being intolerant of me, feeling kind of foolish yet?
Or is it back to more name calling, heck why not even use a few cuss words thats always impressive!

Anyone who proclaims to hate a religion, is intolerant of those who believe different than them and insist on having to always be right, is just ignorant.

You give Christianity a bad name, you are one of the few that always get the majority of attention and personally, were I a Christian, I would not want you on my side and would be embarrassed by you.

Just because you haven't started hating on my beliefs yet doesn't mean I can't call you out for bad mouthing someone else's.

My culture emphasized a life of honor, I have let my ancestors down by continuing to argue with you, a person that has no honor or the concept of it.

I bid you peace and wish you well in the future.

To ignore you go now...