Fallout 4

BOP

I have since heard 2015, with 2016 being the outside. I can't wait that long!

Hopefully, it'll be more like Fallout 3 and Skyrim than new vegas.

BOP

Just for grins, GNR's playlist.

I'm hoping for a little more variety in the next game, even if it's the ability to create our own playlists. Waiting to see if the Institute and the Commonwealth will rise to preeminence ala the NCR.

I'd also like to see some features transfer from an earlier game like F3 or NNV based on choices you made. For instance, the quest to green up the world (or not). If you did, then the world in F4 should be greener, wouldn't you think? Or the quest for the scientist dude at Camp McCarren...if you brought him the seeds, which could be disastrous for the world, F4 should reflect that. It's been done in other games.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'd also like to see some features transfer from an earlier game like F3 or NNV based on choices you made. For instance, the quest to green up the world (or not). If you did, then the world in F4 should be greener, wouldn't you think?

or if you killed off the mutants ... no mutants

BOP

or if you killed off the mutants ... no mutants

Or the ghouls begin to get healthier, more human, but maybe with a higher resistance to radiation, longer life than humans, and so on.

Might still be some mutants, but since they can't breed, fewer and farther between.

It may be because of my age, but I really liked the ability to have my own place and to fix it up any way I liked, to show off stuff I'd captured, and so on. Kind of the best of both F3 and NV, and Mass Effect

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It may be because of my age, but I really liked the ability to have my own place and to fix it up any way I liked, to show off stuff I'd captured, and so on.

I had various 'Named' weapons laid out on the table in my house in Megaton on the 2nd floor ....
... I am a collector ...

I pretty much stuck with the AK and the Sniper Rifle as my main weapons ...

BOP

I had various 'Named' weapons laid out on the table in my house in Megaton on the 2nd floor ....
... I am a collector ...

I pretty much stuck with the AK and the Sniper Rifle as my main weapons ...

I forget what weapon I switched to after the AK, but my main weapon is the sniper rifle. 50-caliber, of course!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I forget what weapon I switched to after the AK, but my main weapon is the sniper rifle. 50-caliber, of course!

I used the one that had 3 rounds, but a better Crit chance

The Reservist or Victory Rifle ....

and once I got through with Space Station Zeta ..
... some of those were my new favorites

I saved the Alien Blaster for Death Claws only

BOP

I'd really like to take over a vault, especially if I have a squad of people to choose companions from. Fix it up, clean it out, have all the amenities (food, supplies, armory, ect.). Naturally, it would take a good portion of the game to get to the point where I could declare my independence from retail, and only deal on a wholesale level. F3 hinted at that with the trading quest. I wanted to take over that robot repair facility right outside of that town where the traders stopped on a regular basis.

Another thing I'd like to see is any town were I lived and did business on a regular basis actually grow and prosper ala Fable. I could become a slumlord!

I hated in Oblivion that you couldn't take over houses of people you whacked (like that vampire lord in the Imperial City). So I'm the Arch Mage, Head of the Thieves Guild and the Fighters Guild, saved the Empire, did the Knights of the Nine, and I still have a shack in the rough part of town as my main dwelling. Okay, the Mage's Tower and the restored Thieves Guild place in the same part of town as my shack, but neither of them is as convenient as the shack.

BOP

I used the one that had 3 rounds, but a better Crit chance

The Reservist or Victory Rifle ....

and once I got through with Space Station Zeta ..
... some of those were my new favorites

I saved the Alien Blaster for Death Claws only

The blaster was always my "Oh, crap! I'm in deep do-do" weapon. I used the rifle the aliens carried and the 50 cal almost exclusively once i got them.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I hated in Oblivion that you couldn't take over houses of people you whacked (like that vampire lord in the Imperial City). So I'm the Arch Mage, Head of the Thieves Guild and the Fighters Guild, saved the Empire, did the Knights of the Nine, and I still have a shack in the rough part of town as my main dwelling. Okay, the Mage's Tower and the restored Thieves Guild place in the same part of town as my shack, but neither of them is as convenient as the shack.

I have several dwellings in Skyrim ...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The blaster was always my "Oh, crap! I'm in deep do-do" weapon.

which is what I said when I ran into Death Claws ...
... most everything I could snipe from a distance ...

Super Mutants were annoying ... but could be dealt with, with VATS and AK's

BOP

I have several dwellings in Skyrim ...

i've been thinking about firing up the xbox. I don't have enough machine to run skyrim on the pc, and can't afford one right now. I'd love to play around with the various mods...some of them look awesome!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
i've been thinking about firing up the xbox. I don't have enough machine to run skyrim on the pc, and can't afford one right now. I'd love to play around with the various mods...some of them look awesome!

yeah I am anticipating spending $ 2500 bucks in Jan on a new box, the last one lasted me 5 yrs ... and is still going ok, some games are starting to drop frames ... how do you get MODS on the XBox for games ...

Nexus Net is Awesome for MODS

BOP

yeah I am anticipating spending $ 2500 bucks in Jan on a new box, the last one lasted me 5 yrs ... and is still going ok, some games are starting to drop frames ... how do you get MODS on the XBox for games ...

Nexus Net is Awesome for MODS

PC only mods, as far as I know. I was watching a bunch of them online this morning (which is what you do in the wee hours when you can't sleep). The improvements in lighting (and dark) as well as clarity and colors is amazing.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
PC only mods, as far as I know. I was watching a bunch of them online this morning (which is what you do in the wee hours when you can't sleep). The improvements in lighting (and dark) as well as clarity and colors is amazing.

I was just watching a video this morning 'Fallout 3 500 yrs later'

it was GREEN ..... lots of trees and grass, lighter, brighter ...

MODS clean up the characters ..
... 13 yr old boys, put bigger boobs of the females

more weapons ... clean up the Gear .. Urban Camo on the Reily's Rangers Armor

BOP

I tried to go back to F3, but I was kind of "meh." I think Skyrim has spoiled me for virtually any other game. There was an article online that was an examination of that phenomenon, but I forgot to read it. Looked interesting.

Anyway, I bought a refurbished xbox S, and the game of the year edition of Skyrim (with all the DLCs), and have been playing that since before xmas.

I'll still play F4 when it ever comes out, and am looking forward to more TES games. But for now, I haven't found anything that touches Skyrim.