False Flag?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Oh, and what the heck - Cuomo wanted 30,000 ventilators? When we've heard that once you go on the vent, the chances are you are really compromised and a high percentage of people will die on them? That's a lot of people to be on a ventilator. 🤔

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, so I have a question about ventilators:

Isn't that the machine they hook you up to that basically breathes for you?

And don't they normally reuse those? Or do they throw them away after one use?

I ask because supposedly NYC hospitals already have a supply of them. Then they wanted like 30,000 more. Are they expecting 30,000 simultaneous users, in addition to the supply they already have? And don't people put on a ventilator either croak or get better, or are they hooked up for an extended period of time?

I can't imagine that they have that many people in the hospital hooked up to a ventilator indefinitely. Can someone explain this to me?

Ventilators are used specifically in an attempt to keep the patient alive while the body attempts to fight or for an attempt at a clinical trial drug treatment hoping it helps.

Bann

PREMO Member
Okay, so I have a question about ventilators:

Isn't that the machine they hook you up to that basically breathes for you?

And don't they normally reuse those? Or do they throw them away after one use?

I ask because supposedly NYC hospitals already have a supply of them. Then they wanted like 30,000 more. Are they expecting 30,000 simultaneous users, in addition to the supply they already have? And don't people put on a ventilator either croak or get better, or are they hooked up for an extended period of time?

I can't imagine that they have that many people in the hospital hooked up to a ventilator indefinitely. Can someone explain this to me?
Right. That's what I was wondering after I heard Cuomo talking abou that today! That's a lof of people. I think I recall him quoting the number of deaths in NY as 6,000 as of today.

Right. That's what I was wondering after I heard Cuomo talking abou that today! That's a lof of people. I think I recall him quoting the number of deaths in NY as 6,000 as of today.
A recent WaPo article says if they live, it is typically 1 to 3 weeks before they can be taken off. Longer before they can leave hospital.

Bann

PREMO Member
Ventilators are used specifically in an attempt to keep the patient alive while the body attempts to fight or for an attempt at a clinical trial drug treatment hoping it helps.
Exactly. My aunt had a very serious respiratory illness in 2009 and they put her on the ventilator and in a "medically induced coma" until she was strong enough to survive. She was able to pull through it and eventually even came out of the hospital. (She had severe COPD the rest of her life, which was about 10 years)

When my sister's airway became severly compromised by the lung cancer that was spreading like wildfire, they put her on a ventilator for 2 reasons. 1)to see if they were going to be able to do radiation treatment and 2)to buy time for her family to arrive. She was basically on life support.

Radiation was not feasible, and she never came off the ventilator until we withdrew it to remove her from the life support. She passed within 20 minutes.