Families First Coronavirus Response Act

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
These people are so clueless.

What do employees get?

Employees can get two weeks, up to 80 hours, of paid sick leave at their regular pay if an employee can’t work because they are quarantined or have COVID-19 symptoms and are trying to get diagnosed.

Employees can get two weeks, up to 80 hours, of paid sick leave at two-thirds their regular pay because they have to care for someone who is subject to quarantine or to care for a child whose school or child care is closed because of COVID-19.

If an employee has been on the job for at least 30 days, employers must provide up to an additional 10 weeks of paid expanded family and medical leave, paid at two-thirds the regular rate, if the employee can’t work due to having to provide care for a child whose school or child care provider is closed because of COVID-19.

Yeah, small businesses cannot afford this. Most of them are closed anyway and have laid off their employees.

I seriously bang my head at the complete abject idiocy of the people we elect to run our government. :banghead: This whole thing has just been one worthless gesture after the other.

I have to believe it's on purpose, with the goal of driving out small businesses in this country and letting the WalMarts and Amazons and Googles and Carvanas and other giants take over. It's like they don't even know the meaning of the phrase "small business".

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The world wide, multi billion dollar corporation I work for couldn't afford this. Want to talk about a government mandated way to stagnate wages.

I only get 3 days of paid sick leave total each year with no carryover. On January 1st the sick leave balance resets to zero.

I'm sure my company will love this.

Grumpy

I only get 3 days of paid sick leave total each year with no carryover. On January 1st the sick leave balance resets to zero.

I'm sure my company will love this.
I thought all companies had combined sick and vacation into PTO, guess I was wrong. :)

kom526

3 days paid sick that can roll over year to year
3 days bereavement paid
3 weeks vacay (after 25 years) 2 weeks paid after 1 year

Chris0nllyn

A couple things.

• This ends with the calendar year. So a plus for legislation/regulation with a f*cking end date.
  • This only applies to people who have COVID, are taking care of someone with COVID, or someone who stopped working to take care of a child/children whose school or daycare closed due to COVID. Companies with less than 50 employees may qualify for an exemption to the childcare provision above if, "the leave requirements would jeopardize the viability of the business as a going concern.". Who decides that? Not sure.
  • This only applies to certain companies/employees. Federal employees covered by FMLA aren't covered by all aspects of the FFCRA, only the paid sick leave provision.
  • Any wages paid under the FFCRA is a tax credit for employers. Any money needed to maintain health insurance for those people are also a tax credit.
  • This does not apply to "certain employers with fewer than 50 employees". They then refer you to regulations that have not come out yet. :lol:
https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-employer-paid-leave#_ftnref4

A couple things.

• This ends with the calendar year. So a plus for legislation/regulation with a f*cking end date.
  • This only applies to people who have COVID, are taking care of someone with COVID, or someone who stopped working to take care of a child/children whose school or daycare closed due to COVID. Companies with less than 50 employees may qualify for an exemption to the childcare provision above if, "the leave requirements would jeopardize the viability of the business as a going concern.". Who decides that? Not sure.
  • This only applies to certain companies/employees. Federal employees covered by FMLA aren't covered by all aspects of the FFCRA, only the paid sick leave provision.
  • Any wages paid under the FFCRA is a tax credit for employers. Any money needed to maintain health insurance for those people are also a tax credit.
  • This does not apply to "certain employers with fewer than 50 employees". They then refer you to regulations that have not come out yet. :lol:
https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-employer-paid-leave#_ftnref4
And I believe it has to be based on a proven positive test and not a "we are sure you have it but you don't qualify for testing" situation.

kom526

And I believe it has to be based on a proven positive test and not a "we are sure you have it but you don't qualify for testing" situation.
And while you are waiting for the results to come back what is the employee/employer to do? The big surge in MDs number of positives were from tests that were done and sent out in March and are just now being reported. I think it was a 3 week back log at the testing facility. If the stats that I've seen hold true then 97-98% of those tested should now be recovered. :ohwell: