Famous Blacks Finding Slave Owners and Confederates in the Family Tree

Clem72

In my family research, have found an 8th great grandmother born in the west African country of Mali.
Her husband was a Spanish sailor. One of their grandsons emigrated to Italy, which is where that ancestry joined in.
You have 1024 8th great grandparents. Almost impossible not to have some mixing at that point unless your family tree don't branch.

Tech

You have 1024 8th great grandparents. Almost impossible not to have some mixing at that point unless your family tree don't branch.
With those numbers and if your family is from the same general region, how many show up multiple times?

Clem72

With those numbers and if your family is from the same general region, how many show up multiple times?
Seems somewhat likely to have overlap, just takes one set of second cousins (or closer) getting frisky.

But even though I can trace my surname direct ancestors back to the early 1700 in the US, within 8 generations my family tree (that I can reliably track) spreads to a dozen different countries. And a DNA test let me know that despite being almost entirely English/Scottish/Irish they have people with enough DNA matching in their database to count as a 3rd cousins or parents 2nd cousin in random places all over the world.

Tech

Seems somewhat likely to have overlap, just takes one set of second cousins (or closer) getting frisky.

But even though I can trace my surname direct ancestors back to the early 1700 in the US, within 8 generations my family tree (that I can reliably track) spreads to a dozen different countries. And a DNA test let me know that despite being almost entirely English/Scottish/Irish they have people with enough DNA matching in their database to count as a 3rd cousins or parents 2nd cousin in random places all over the world.
Like you I did the DNA test and have cousins throughout the US and Canada along with the British Isles. Keeping with all my known irish ancestor a few cousins ending up as Aussie. Research shows one of the family unknowingly married a distance cousin. Even though I not from here, research shows I have several third cousin strings throughout southern maryland.

Hijinx

The way the world is going now there are going to be a lot more mulatto's with white blood in them.
Better get used to it.