Farewell Squaw Valley...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A popular California ski resort whose name included a derogatory term for Native American women changed its name to Palisades Tahoe Monday. Resort officials had begun searching for a new name last year amid a reckoning over racial injustice.

The renaming of Squaw Valley Ski Resort is one of many efforts nationally to address a history of colonialism and oppression against Native Americans and other people of color that includes removing statues of Christopher Columbus.

Squaw Valley Changes Name to Palisades Tahoe – NBC4 Washington (nbcwashington.com)

limblips

PREMO Member
I am surprised it took this long. There will be many more renames coming. Many of the names targeted will have nothing to do with the reason they get removed but will become the cause de jour for somebody looking to get their name in the news.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm sorry that happened to you. :huggy:
Thx! I'm lucky to still have a bottom lip! Biting through it when I was learning to walk and faceplanted on the coffee table (then pulling the stitches out), my Tahoe crash and the burning marshmallows, it's had some trauma. :lmao: