Farewell

onel0126

Bead mumbler
All--Starting not to like the tone from myself and others to the point I have to question why I'm here. Time to move on. Looking at this forum's back and forth from the eyes of a non-Christian must present an ugly picture. Best wishes.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
I hate to see you go. I think you bring a well educated and passionate point of view to discussions. I admire your defense of your church. I apologize if I insulted or offended you. I am one of those non-christians and I get discouraged reading some people's posts. I want to believe I could come to a church, not be judged and enjoy a pleasant fellowship and possibly learn something.

seekeroftruth

All--Starting not to like the tone from myself and others to the point I have to question why I'm here. Time to move on. Looking at this forum's back and forth from the eyes of a non-Christian must present an ugly picture. Best wishes.

I've started to do that but I stop myself.

What we need is for you to continue with bringing the RCC News.

I'm learning from you and that's an important mission to be giving up.

You know.... Galiath was a loud mouth and that didn't make David leave.

The Pharisees were right rough on Jesus and then His disciples.

I'm not saying we're as important as David, Jesus or His disciples.... but I heard that there are powers and principalities that we have to deal with.

Every now and then it all gets to me and I get pulled into the fray.... then I have to reset my mind and go on with just posting verses.

I guess what I'm saying.... is please don't go... you are a ray of light for me....

I thank God for you...
Becky

:coffee:

PsyOps

Pixelated

Can you imagine if Jesus had done this?

Humbled

Just a minute there Buddy. Aren't those with the knowledge obliged to share it? Unless you're going somewhere you can do more good, you, and God, are needed here.

littlelady

God bless the USA
one, I don't think you should leave. Usually, when a member says that, they get feedback like don't let the door hit you in the butt. :lol: You are, obviously, admired here and I noticed you have been here for 7 years. And, you got hotcoffee's request not to leave. That is very special. :smile: I don't post much in the religion forum because I am not knowledgeable enough to do so, but I learn a lot from reading it. Anyway, that is my 2 cents, and I hope you don't leave.

One more thing. There will always be debate about religion until the end. You need to be part of it in as many places as you can. Yes, there are nights that I can't sleep, and think a lot. You and other members here feed my brain. It is all your fault. :lol:

Last edited:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
onel will be back. He/she did this a few months ago, and returned a week or so later. It's not a bad thing to get away for a bit to clear the air, the mind and heart. Debate and arguing, which is really the same thing, about any topic is good, but when one is obsessed to the point that it changes them personally in a way that they recognize, then it is time to take a break.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I like to think of debate as sharing ideas in the capacity of countering the others ideas. Arguing is just disagreeing where things escalate to anger.

Disagree. Arguing is the term used in courts as both sides are debating the subject of guilt or innocence. When you are on a debate team, you argue for your stance. Both words are interchangeable.

"Debate" used as a noun or a verb is a more formal word to denote two or more parties supporting their position or disagreeing with other's positions.

"Argument" as a noun or verb is a line of reasoning or evidence in support of an issue or opinion. It is a more informal word for debate.

It's when people start to get angry that "argument" gets a bad rep. Blame it on people, not the word.

onel placed him/herself in the "anger" category, as you mentioned, of the word. onel will be back.

Last edited:
C

Chuckt

Matthew 5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

In other words, if you have the truth, you are hiding it by going away. You don't put a light under a bushel. You light the room with it.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Matthew 5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

In other words, if you have the truth, you are hiding it by going away. You don't put a light under a bushel. You light the room with it.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the only place onel shines his light.