Farmer loses arm in tractor accident, collects severed limb, drives for help

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
HARRISON, Ark. - A farmer whose arm was torn off in a tractor accident picked up the limb, climbed back on and headed for home to get help.

"What was I supposed to do? Lie there and die?" James Arlen Mondy's wife quoted him as saying.

Doctors at St. John's Regional Health Center in Springfield, Mo., were unable to reattach his arm after the Dec. 16 accident. He was recovering at the hospital Tuesday.

Mondy, 56, was bumped off his tractor when it hit a hole, said his wife, Janet Mondy. The spinning blades of a brush cutter then chopped off his arm at the shoulder.

On his ride home, he had to stop to open a gate, drove through, then got off the tractor again to close the gate, and continued on his way. He started to feel lightheaded, but met a passing couple who summoned help.

:shocked: Wow. That's what I call one tough dude. :yay:

Jameo

What?!
Originally posted by Danzig
All you have to do now is wave to him, to get him to fall off.

U must have never known anyone that has lost a limb, huh? My teenage nephew lost his left hand in a chum grinder accident about 2 years. I don't see any humor in your post!!! :rolleyes:

Danzig

Originally posted by Jameo
U must have never known anyone that has lost a limb, huh? My teenage nephew lost his left hand in a chum grinder accident about 2 years. I don't see any humor in your post!!! :rolleyes:

I see humor in many things. What I said is funny to many people, so is a person that steps a rake and smashes their nose. It might not be funny to the guy with the broke nose, and it might not be funny to his momma. But IT IS FUNNY. I do know a few people with missing limbs, I said to a good friend with one leg while shooting pool “You shoot like you have one arm, not one leg” He thought it was funny, it did come across funnier in person than on here. The point is JUST BECAUSE YOU MAKE LIGHT OF A SITUATION DOESN’T MEAN YOU TAKE THE SITUATION LIGHTLY.