Farriers...

covekat

I'm looking for names and numbers for a few good farriers in the area... having a little problem with mine (not showing up)... any help would be appreciated... we have 7 that just get trimmed, and two that get shod in front... thanks! We are in southern Charles County.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
covekat said:
I'm looking for names and numbers for a few good farriers in the area... having a little problem with mine (not showing up)... any help would be appreciated... we have 7 that just get trimmed, and two that get shod in front... thanks! We are in southern Charles County.

I use Quint Ketts at 240-299-9498. He is nice and very dependable, good work but unfortunately I don't think he does shoes. One of the people with horses at my place right now use Wayne Kolby and I think he does shoes. Leonard Downs does as well but I don't have his number right now. Good luck. :howdy:

ARWB01R

I use Tim Hamilton and highly reccomend him. I have had a few different issues with my horse including keeping shoes on him and he has patiently worked with me until we found a solution. He does all the horses at my barn and is wonderful with them all and very patient. His cell number is: 301-904-0383. :howdy:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Quint does not do shoes...Does great on the trims

Leonard Downs is a blast from the past..I used to date him some and used to hang out at the race track with he when he raced that old black horse of his...Pm me his number I would love to call him..

I used Pat Riffle (301-769-3503) when I lived in Southern Charles - he does a great job. I *think* he lives near Leonardtown. He was always dependable and actually called *me* when it was time for a trim.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Pasofever said:
Quint does not do shoes...Does great on the trims

Leonard Downs is a blast from the past..I used to date him some and used to hang out at the race track with he when he raced that old black horse of his...Pm me his number I would love to call him..

:yay: Will do. I think I have his number at home. :howdy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
horse_hugger said:
I used Pat Riffle (301-769-3503) when I lived in Southern Charles - he does a great job. I *think* he lives near Leonardtown. He was always dependable and actually called *me* when it was time for a trim.
he came to my farm one day to do trims, and never even went back to the barn where RC was working! He left in a huff and didn't come back because he figured RC wan't there for him. :shrug: I figure it was his loss. I use Tim H, and have for almost 3 years now. He's alway punctual and if something comes up he always calls to tell me, which isn't often.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Quint is on a 3 week schedule here..he comes on a Wednesday and every 3 weeks..I am very happy with the way my horses feet look..no chips and no flairs but most people that get trims wont stay on a 3 or 6 week schedule they like to go MONTHS..with the natural hoof care and keeping the foot well rounded etc it has to be done more often..for optimal results.

fredsaid2

horse_hugger said:

He's very dependable although he told me a bit ago his client list was full. Doesn't hurt to try and call anyway!

covekat

Thanks for all of the info... Pat is coming out next week, really had a nice chat and looking forward to him working on my horses!

fredsaid2

covekat said:
Thanks for all of the info... Pat is coming out next week, really had a nice chat and looking forward to him working on my horses!

You'll love Pat! He doesn't rush, very willing to take all the time necessary for each horse. I appreciate his punctuality and having the next appt set up before he leaves.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
i owe yall one!!! :huggy: my horse needs her shoes pulled and some new ones put on, and my mom called all the ones that we knew, and they're all out of town! So i saw this post and gave her the number for tim, and ,yay, hes coming out this wendsday!! thanks again!