Fast Food Fact Checking

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On Monday evening, President Donald Trump hosted the Clemson Tigers at the White House after the team became national college football champions. Trump personally purchased the food for the event – a massive offering of fast food items from McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s, and Domino’s. Naturally, Leftists knocked him for his food choice.

Even dumber, some media outlets actually felt the need to fact check the buffet.

The Washington Post did – I kid you not – a deep dive into the banquet to try and determine how much it all actually cost, complete with a “Detailed Washington Post analysis” of the spread. The chart of the layout of the food was most likely meant to be humorous.

Nonetheless, after the Post determined that Trump likely spent between $2,437.11 and $2,911.44 on the feast, depending on whether he took advantage of McDonald’s 2-for-$5 menu, the outlet had to take some spiteful dings at the president. The Post notes that Trump originally said he bought 300 hamburgers, but later said he bought “1,000” burgers and later, “over 1000 hamburgers etc.”

SERIOUSLY? Media Outlets Actually Fact-Checked Trump’s Fast Food Banquet

Hijinx

Haters gonna hate - Trump's feast was a hit with the team.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/15/trevor-lawrence-clemson-trump-white-house-mcdonalds/

I think it's cool that it was served up with silver and candles, like a fancy meal. :lol:

So suck it, tofu and kale eaters. Nobody cares what you "think".

I like McDonald's Big Big Mac, if they had only placed it on the regular sized Big Mac buns it would have made a great sandwich and would almost match the pictures they show of a Big mac.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My complaint is that he left out KFC and Popeye's. I'm pretty sure fried chickie would have been a huge hit.

Obama can keep his arugula.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Dumbest. Thing. Ever. And, that is saying a lot. Were Melania’s sleeves too short, or were the WH Christmas trees really bleeding? No wonder the World thinks the USA is a joke. Last stand. Thank you, President Trump. You go, boy! :patriot:

BOP

I found this on one of the conservative FB pages I haunt. It's funny, don't care who you are.

Trump tries pot.jpg

SamSpade

My complaint is that he left out KFC and Popeye's. I'm pretty sure fried chickie would have been a huge hit.

Obama can keep his arugula.

I read on another site that if he'd served fried chicken, the libs would have been all over him for THAT.

A guy who worked in the Clinton White House said that the WH is not equipped to easily feed
130 guys who show up at the last minute. That's just the way it is. He also said that a TYPICAL
visit from a sports team does not get fed at all.

One of the things I like about Trump is, he doesn't care.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I have to give Trump credit for this. Very cool idea. A team of 18-22 year olds, who we know love fast food, are coming to visit and Trump serves them an you can eat fast food feast.

Very nice. Good on him.

TCROW

I have to give Trump credit for this. Very cool idea. A team of 18-22 year olds, who we know love fast food, are coming to visit and Trump serves them an you can eat fast food feast.

Very nice. Good on him.

Not only that, but many of these top tier college athletic programs have a nutritionist to augment normal training and conditioning routines. Imagine now nice it must be to nosh into a BigMac when you've been eating whatever it is the nutrition program has you on during training and the playing season. Certainly these kids have cheat days or whatever, but still it a nice gesture on which to end the season.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
One of the things I like about Trump is, he doesn't care.

My favorite recent soundbite:

Reporter tells Trump that AOC called him a racist. Trump replied, "Who cares," and dismissed it.

:lol:

Take note, Republican boot lickers: THAT is how those exchanges are supposed to go. "Who cares."

Hijinx

My favorite recent soundbite:

Reporter tells Trump that AOC called him a racist. Trump replied, "Who cares," and dismissed it.

:lol:

Take note, Republican boot lickers: THAT is how those exchanges are supposed to go. "Who cares."

From what I heard a lot of the people working at the WH were on furlough.