Fast-food finger finder arrested

SeaRide

Fast-food finger finder arrested
Last Updated Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:49:26 EDT
CBC News

LAS VEGAS - Police have arrested a woman who claimed she found a human fingertip in a bowl of chili served to her at a California fast-food restaurant.

Anna Ayala, 39, was taken into custody at her Las Vegas home Thursday night.

There's no word on what charge she might face.

On March 22, she said she was sickened when she found a finger in her meal at a Wendy's outlet in San Jose, Calif.

Nobody had reported losing any digits at the restaurant or any of the food suppliers used by the chain, however.

Then reports began to emerge that Ayala had launched a string of lawsuits against major corporations in the past.

Ayala threatened legal action against Wendy's after producing the 3.8-cm chili-covered fingertip, but later said she would not sue the corporation because the media coverage was too stressful.

In the wake of her claim, Wendy's said sales dropped at its Northern California branches, leading the chain to reduce its workers' hours and even lay off some clerks.

Wendy's has offered a $100,000 US reward to anyone who can help the chain track down the owner of the missing finger.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dear Kizzy and Nomoney,

I think you should use your super-sleuth detective skills for good instead of evil by helping to track down the owner of the Wendy's chili finger.

Mwah,

Vrai

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
:confused: Wouldn't the cops have gotten suspicious when they asked for the finger and she didn't know where it was?

willie

They found where it came from!

Attachments

• s finger.jpg
    s finger.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 99

Toxick

Splat
I bet she wishes she didn't draw so much attention to herself now.

I find it very difficult to have any sympathy for this litigious #####. She's part of The Problem, and quite frankly, I hope they make an horribly tragic and none-too-pretty example out of her.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
I wonder how many millions thought the finger came from her daughter when the T.V. news showed her outside their home with her arm in a sling. Nobody saw her hand but you just KNOW the thought went through everybody's mind.