Fast Food workers wanting 15.00 an hour..really..

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Anyone would be a fool to eat at a fast-food restaurant except Chik-fil-A these days.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
ha ha ha haa..bunch of idiots. Approximately 75% of McDonalds stores are privately owned franchises. Those slugs can holler at the corporate headquarters until their tonsils fall out.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I don't eat at McD's because it makes me ill, but the woman that they captured a few quotes from lives here in Charleston and works at one of the McD's here. She talks about how the exective's make the big salaries to support their families. Yes they do but they also graduated from college and got MBA's.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Well if she has been really working there 10 years. She should with raises etc be up a little higher. I figure about 8 something an hour. Also if a somewhat decent worker maybe be an assistant manager which would be more money.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Why do you feel they should get more?

Not to answer for somebody else, but very few workers remain at minimum wage in most fast food places as long as they are reliable employees and stick around for a while. My first wife worked at McDonalds (several different stores) from high school and right through college....and was making decent money as a "swing manager" after only a few years on the job.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
10 years?? At McDonald's???

Why do these people think their minimum wage ass is valuable enough to shut down any restaurant, or even make a dent in the corporation? These chickies are a dime a dozen - they walk out and there will be 10 low skilled types waiting to take their place. It's not like there's a huge shortage.

Let them walk. And if they try to sit-in protest, have them arrested.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well if she has been really working there 10 years. She should with raises etc be up a little higher. I figure about 8 something an hour. Also if a somewhat decent worker maybe be an assistant manager which would be more money.

If she were worth a damn she A) wouldn't still be there after 10 years; or B) would have gotten raises and promotions. So my guess is that she's a good for nothing who should feel lucky to have the job she does. Somebody gets put in management and crew chief positions at her store - clearly it's not her.

Not to answer for somebody else, but very few workers remain at minimum wage in most fast food places as long as they are reliable employees...
:yeahthat:

I worked at Roy Rogers in Upper Marlboro summer between high school and college. Was there 3 months, was always early to work, ready to work when I got there, did everything asked of me and things that were not asked of me, but I saw that they needed doing and were within my ability to do them. In other words, I worked hard and it was noticed. I got 2 raises before I quit to leave for college.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I worked at Hardee's for three weeks during HS. It sucked and I couldn't wait to find another low paying job to replace it. My manager was sad I was leaving, he said I was his best cashier, seems when I turned in my cash drawer it always had more money in it than it was supposed to. :doh: :lol:

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Here's a novel idea, if fast food workers want to earn more money, don't be a high school drop out, get an education, if you have a college degree have one that is worth a damn, a Liberal Arts degree is a junk degree and hardly any one will hire you with it, learn to communicate like an educated person, and most important; stop expecting maximum pay for minimum work. Learn to apply yourself and stop trying to do the least and screaming for more, the hard you work and apply yourself the more you succeed. If you have a HS degree, get some college under your belt, learn a trade (flipping burgers and filling the ice machine is not a trade), working in fast food is not a career, it's a start job for teens, it's a temporary job for college students, it's a part time job for retirees, it's not design to be a career with a living wage (whatever a living wage is) so stop thinking your some skilled worker who deserves $75k a year.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if they get their $15 an hour and then all of a sudden they get laid off because their job just got replaced by a machine or the company downsizes in order to reduce the cost of labor. Keep asking for more and the only thing you will get is more time in the unemployment line.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Not to answer for somebody else, but very few workers remain at minimum wage in most fast food places as long as they are reliable employees and stick around for a while. My first wife worked at McDonalds (several different stores) from high school and right through college....and was making decent money as a "swing manager" after only a few years on the job.
Oh I didn't read the article. I'm sure owners of these franchises go nuts with the turn over of employees and the worthless ones they get. I guess if she's been there 10 years, she must be worth keeping and I would agree maybe a buck more wouldn't be unreasonable. $15.00/hr? Never.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh I didn't read the article. I'm sure owners of these franchises go nuts with the turn over of employees and the worthless ones they get.

Quite sure. An equally large problem is the lack of capable managers. "Back in the day", the managers of fast food franchise stores were specifically trained to get the most out of ..and motivate..completely green and untrained employees. Productivity and quality mattered and were management goals. Now?..that management philosophy..if philosophy is even the right word..technique is probably more correct..is scarce. A sad majority of local fast food establishments are "managed" by low-functioning morons..so what would anyone expect from the entry-level folks they are supposed to manage?

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
This is just rubbing me the wrong way today..

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/25/fast-food-workers-to-escalate-wage-union-demands/

I think they should get a little more than minimum wage but not 15.00 an hour.

Then why do you believe in minimum wages at all? Why "should" they get a little more than minimum wage, but not $15.00/hour. How do you make that determination? What happens if the employer cannot extract enough productivity out of them to cover his labor costs, no matter what their wage is? What happens then?

PeoplesElbow

Then why do you believe in minimum wages at all? Why "should" they get a little more than minimum wage, but not $15.00/hour. How do you make that determination? What happens if the employer cannot extract enough productivity out of them to cover his labor costs, no matter what their wage is? What happens then?

Like any job there are good and bad people at it. The good ones carry the bad ones. If someone isn't performing you let them go, its not like there is a law against that....yet. There are people that are easily worth twice the average person in some jobs.

Hijinx

Like any job there are good and bad people at it. The good ones carry the bad ones. If someone isn't performing you let them go, its not like there is a law against that....yet. There are people that are easily worth twice the average person in some jobs.

Opinions are like Arm Pits, everyone has a couple and most of them stink, but here's mine/

A few years back McDonalds had a huge turnover of people. People came in worked for a while and went on to better jobs.

Today not so much turnover, Jobs are hard to find and hose who have them are hanging in there.They might not be the best but unless they are so bad as to get fired the Franchise is stuck with them. Many of them are black and the last thing Mickey D's wants is a discrimination charge. Training an assistant manager to deal with older employees that are hanging around isn't so easy.

Well so much for that. Now my next opinion

I went to Wendy's the other day and ordered off their cheap menu. A Double Stacker for $3.29
They brought out this little sandwich about the size of a biscuit with two thin assed square patties on it.
The McDonalds Double Cheeseburger off their dollar menu is a better sandwich for half the price.

When I want Chili I will go to Wendy's , When I want a cheap lunch I will go to McDonalds.

libby

I probably buy my kids food at a fast food restaurant once a year (well, Chik-Fil-A I'll go to twice a year, just to support them). When we do, there is always, always, always something wrong. No straw, missing cheeseburger or no dressing for salad. When you can't get such a simple and stupid task right, why the heck would I pay you more than minimum wage?

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return

Yes, what you describe is a condition caused by government wage floors. That problem would go away if the government got out of the way and allowed more-free markets to prevail. In a completely voluntary system, employees will get paid precisely what they are worth, which is to say the level at which the supply curve crossed the demand curve for labor in the field in which they work. That is by definition a "fair wage", and everyone gets paid what they are worth.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
10 years?? At McDonald's???

Why do these people think their minimum wage ass is valuable enough to shut down any restaurant, or even make a dent in the corporation? These chickies are a dime a dozen - they walk out and there will be 10 Mexicans waiting to take their place. It's not like there's a huge shortage.

Let them walk. And if they try to sit-in protest, have them arrested.

:fixed: