State Police FATAL PEDESTRIAN CRASH ON I-695 IN BALTIMORE CO. UNDER INVESTIGATION

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
(PIKESVILLE, MD) — Maryland State Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding a pedestrian fatal crash on the outer loop of I-695 in Baltimore County that occurred tonight.

Troopers are working to identify the adult female victim and notify the family. She was pronounced dead at the hospital. Her identification is not being released at this time.

Just before 12:37a.m tonight, troopers at the Golden Ring Barrack were dispatched for a report of a single vehicle crash with a pedestrian on the outer loop of I-695 at exit 22, Greenspring Ave. Due to the crash, troopers had to close one lane of I-695. MDOT State Highway Administration personnel responded to assist. All lanes were reopened at 2:30 a.m.

The Maryland State Police Crash Team was called out and continuing the investigation. The cause of the crash remains under investigation.

The preliminary investigation indicates the pedestrian, later identified as the deceased, was a passenger in a vehicle that was disabled on the slow shoulder of I-695 prior to Greenspring Ave. The pedestrian walked into lane 2 of I-695 and was attempting to flag down a motorist. A motorist traveling in lane 2 struck the pedestrian causing fatal injuries. She was transported to Sinai Hospital. The striking motorist remained on scene and they sustained no injuries.

Investigator: Trooper Walther # 7066

MSP Case Number 19-MSP-031035