Father: God Told Me To Sacrifice Wife, Children

slotted

linkie
A man sentenced to 90 years in prison for attempting to set his Orlando home on fire with his family sleeping inside said God commanded him to sacrifice his wife and children, according to a Local 6 News report.

Hans Missal, 51, admitted to dousing his Orlando home with gasoline last March. Missal also duct-taped the doors shut and ran a hose from the house to a car tailpipe while his wife, son and daughter slept before he attempted to set the structure on fire.

Tuesday, Missal said he was following God's orders.

Missal compared himself to the Bible's Abraham, who was commanded by God to sacrifice his own son, and said he received a message from God to kill his entire family, Local 6 News reported.

"God had a plan for my family, I had no idea what that plan was," Missal said. "I trusted God and God was faithful to the end."

Obviously not a "true" Christian. :bigwhoop:

J

JPC, Sr.

Faith Without Works is Dead.

:wench: FYI,

When Abraham was going to sacifice his only son Isaac, then God told Abraham not to do it as HE God would have His own son sacrificed instead.

Isaac was not a sufficient sacrifice but Christ was. :howdy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
slotted said:
Obviously not a "true" Christian.
How do you know God didn't tell him to sacrifice his family? God tells people to do things all the time.

:shrug:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
slotted said:
Obviously not a "true" Christian. :bigwhoop:

Oh, brother. Slotted, people have done sick crap like that all through history, with or without being Christian. The horrifying story doesn't prove anything about Christianity or any other religion, including atheism. It's not about the religion, it's about the person. That bastard could have easily found justification for his actions from "For Better or For Worse" or Enya's music or NASCAR or the Sears catalog.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
How do you know God didn't tell him to sacrifice his family? God tells people to do things all the time.

I hadn't thought of it that way, but you do have a point.

blacklabman

Not to be picky, but I will be. Nowhere does it state he is a Christian. Abraham is in the Old Testament which is a Jewish document. Please correct me if I am wrong.

J

JPC, Sr.

vraiblonde said:

:coffee: I do not think that anyone is questening if God told the guy to do it or not, but only that they think their Christian God did not tell the man to do it.

Some of us believe that all religions go to the one God but others do not. :flowers:

sinwagon

vraiblonde said:

Thats why I don't practice organized religion, it seems more like a cult than any other cult I have ever seen.

Makes you think tho, more people are saying these days "God made me do it" than they are saying "The devil made me do it" :shrug:

J

JPC, Sr.

sinwagon said:
Thats why I don't practice organized religion, it seems more like a cult than any other cult I have ever seen.

Makes you think tho, more people are saying these days "God made me do it" than they are saying "The devil made me do it" :shrug:
:larry: This story is not about organized religion or about a cult person. If that man or any person may say that God told them to do it or Allah told some one or Buddha or the Devil told them, etc., BUT it would be unacceptable for anyone to dare say that an organized religion or cult told them to kill and murder. That is how Charley Manson got into so much trouble.

So if some one were to say the Baptist church told them to do it or Catholic Church or some secret cult then there would be a criminal investigation and grand jury hearings into the org.

:yay: The organized religions are far more controlling then is individual belief and individual conscience.

So structured society presses people into the co-dependent bonds of the groups and frowns upon the lone rangers.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
JPC said:
:larry: This story is not about organized religion or about a cult person. If that man or any person may say that God told them to do it or Allah told some one or Buddha or the Devil told them, etc., BUT it would be unacceptable for anyone to dare say that an organized religion or cult told them to kill and murder. That is how Charley Manson got into so much trouble.

So if some one were to say the Baptist church told them to do it or Catholic Church or some secret cult then there would be a criminal investigation and grand jury hearings into the org.

:yay: The organized religions are far more controlling then is individual belief and individual conscience.

So structured society presses people into the co-dependent bonds of the groups and frowns upon the lone rangers.

And you're a lone ranger, right?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
"God told me to do it."=I'm working on my insanity plea.

And since God is talking to people let him tell me what the Mega millions #'s are going to be for the next drawing.

J

JPC, Sr.

BS Gal said:
And you're a lone ranger, right?
:flowers: In some instances and some cases then I am a lone ranger but not at all times. I am a Democrat which puts me into a very big group.

It is not a question of all or nothing as I might be in the group but not a part of the dominant mentalities.

The same with religions as I take what parts are correct in each of them while rejecting the wrongs.
:howdy:

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Anytime someone mentions organized religion and cults, Jim Jones jungle juice comes to mind.
In my opinion organized religion may strengthen the soul , but causes serious mind rot.
But then again organized religion feeds off of those weak in the mind.