Fauci Is Not Your God

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Why should we trust Fauci with a national plan? Back in March, Fauci famously told Americans, “There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask.” (Fauci now says we should wear two masks. No thanks, Dad.)

The revisionist retelling of this comment has Fauci heroically averting a run on masks, but in reality, he detailed the many negative “consequences” of wearing them. It’s not surprising that health officials made mistakes in the early days of the pandemic. But why would we want Fauci empowered to transform his mistakes into national decrees?

In the early days of the pandemic, Fauci kept citing the estimate of 60–70 percent vaccination for reaching herd immunity. Later, he began saying “70, 75 percent.” Then he went to “75, 80, 85 percent.” He later admitted he was lying, because “polls said only about half of all Americans would take a vaccine.”

I’m sorry the Constitution is inhibiting Fauci’s work, but he is a public-health official. His job is to relay information to the public, not to threaten doom, or coax or trick us into doing things. Yet even now, despite the immensely promising results of the vaccination program (the United States, incidentally, easily outperforms the European Union’s “unified approach”), Fauci is underplaying the effectiveness of the vaccine for the same reasons, one suspects, that he misled us about herd immunity. Even when most American are immunized, Fauci says, we won’t be back to “normal” until new infections drop “to a baseline that’s so low, it is virtually no threat.”

This is a disqualifying statement — an insane standard that no free society would ever indulge. For Fauci, herd immunity is effectively 99 percent.

Perhaps it’s understandable that an immunologist such as Fauci, who will continue to make more money than any other official in the United States government through all of this, isn’t very alarmed about the economic, social, and constitutional tradeoffs that accompany his approach. For a year, any criticism of Fauci was immediately slotted into the alleged debate between Donald Trump vs. “science.” But it’s Fauci’s technocratic instincts, not science, that makes him more likely to praise Chicom’s lackeys at the World Health Organization than the resilience of the United States.

Hijinx

Personally I have had enough of Faucci.
The fact that he is the only one that Biden's puppeteer's kept from the Trump administration tells me what a POS he is.

Reactions: BOP

Scootboot

Fauci needs to go back behind the scenes or just retire. This is all over as soon as there are vaccines left on the shelf. This will mean everyone that wants to be vaccinated is and if the people that aren't vaccinated get COVID that was the risk they were willing to take. Fauci won't let that happen because he wants to keep us scared so he can stay in the limelight.

Hijinx

Fauci needs to go back behind the scenes or just retire. This is all over as soon as there are vaccines left on the shelf. This will mean everyone that wants to be vaccinated is and if the people that aren't vaccinated get COVID that was the risk they were willing to take. Fauci won't let that happen because he wants to keep us scared so he can stay in the limelight.

It's time to toss the masks in the trash, go to a good restaurant , have a nice meal and go to work on Monday morning ready willing and able to get the economy of the United Sates going. Even if Joe Biden takes the credit for it. The old Prick.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm so seriously over this guy. I want bad things to happen to him, that's how over him I am. They keep moving the goal posts just like they did all year long last year.

When I am out hiking or walking, and I see humans outside in the fresh air wearing freaking masks - I am stunned. (disgusted, really) It's still just unbelievable to me that people are acting like this OUTDOORS. No one is congregating -you pass each other on the trail! It's OUTDOORS.

I have some friends who are only in their 40s who are "still not really into dining in", just yet. And one of them has received BOTH vaccinations due to her job! She wasn't Liberal before becoming a couple with this guy (to whom she's getting married soon) but looks like she's onboard lock, stock & barrel with it along with him.

I can tell you right now that I am not wearing two masks. There's no freaking way.

herb749

I'm not sure where the double masking came from. Was it his idea or did the media ask him if 2 masks were better.? Whatever, his time is up although his celebrity status will keep him in the news for some time. Maybe once the death count reasons change, and people with cancer or heart disease become death from them instead of covid.