Favorite Thing About The Past

Concern4Calvert

very cool & detailed BOP, thank you for sharing

• keeping school supplies in cigar boxes
    coffee shops with tableside jukeboxes

im thinking the above two items are my favorites out of the list

• telephone numbers with a word prefix (Murray Hill 7-7000)

i wouldn't even begin to know how to dial that. from what i saw in an earlier post i'm guessing that was a party line number?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I miss being totally unaware of the existence of Hillary Clinton.

aww come one, she was kinda cute in 1975

Hillary.jpg

6-e455a.jpg

GopherM

Darwin was right
If I could get one favorite thing back it would be the brother I lost in 1952 when I was 5 and he was 3. Too many years without him.

GopherM

Darwin was right
my 1st 2 cars ...

66 Dodge Dart 170 Cu
67 Dodge Dart 225 Cu

- 3 on the tree

next 4 vehicles were a 72, 70, 68, 69 VW Beetles

The first car my wife and I bought was a '66 Dart GT. I wish I still had that thing.

littlelady

God bless the USA
If I could get one favorite thing back it would be the brother I lost in 1952 when I was 5 and he was 3. Too many years without him.

I am so sorry to read that. :frown: My daughter told me this weekend that one of her college friends just lost a child at 6. Not fair. My son in law lost his brother (10 years older) when he was 10. Life sucks, a lot. But, we have to keep going.

I think the memories of us oldies are much better than the memories of the newer generations. I say that because life had more meaning before social media and all that. I don't do FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc. None of it. I still write letters. Times have changed so much so fast; it is scary and disheartening. Again, sorry for your loss.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The first car my wife and I bought was a '66 Dart GT. I wish I still had that thing.

I liked the boxy style of the 67 ... but yeah - mine was a wedding present from my FIL :lol:

65 / 66 / 67 were each different [externally]

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I think the memories of us oldies are much better than the memories of the newer generations. I say that because life had more meaning before social media and all that. I don't do FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc. None of it. I still write letters. Times have changed so much so fast; it is scary and disheartening.

My memories aren't as good as yours because I've documented a couple on Instagram? You're a righteous twit. :lmao:

H

Hodr

I miss having to discover things on my own. When I was a younger you learned things passed through someone you physically knew or you got a hold of :gasp: a book.

Now I can find everything on any subject on the internet which isn't bad but even Victoria isn't secret anymore.

Admit it, you miss the excitement of finding a dirty magazine in the bushes behind the school. Kids now-a-days will never have that experience, plus all the pop-ups and inappropriate website ads will make sure little jimmy is completely desensitized to it all by the time he is 5 anyways.

bilbur

I have that :yay:
"Song of the South"

My dad has a copy of the original book from when he was a kid and for a Christmas present one year we got him a vhs copy of the movie and had it converted to DVD. We had to get it from England because they no longer sell it in the US. I remember having the book read to me as a child but I can't remember what was so offensive that they stopped selling it in the US. Was it because the slaves were portrayed as being happy and care free? Oh well, when you are 5 all you see is a story with talking animals and singing and the political and racial stuff doesn't mean anything.