Favorite Type of Music

demsformd

What is your favorite kind of music?

I have always loved my protest songs from the 60s and 70s. Cosby, Stills, Nash, and Young as well as Joan Baez are some of my favorites. I love Bob Dylan as well. It brings back some memories from my days on the lines fighting the war.

I also like the Beatles and classical music.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by demsformd
I have always loved my protest songs from the 60s and 70s.
No kidding? I'd have never guessed that! :duh: :lol:

I like all kinds of music except ghetto cussword garbage. My compilation CDs drive Larry crazy - he likes order, I like to put Rosemary Clooney next to White Zombie, next to Biz Markie.

Oh yeah - and I hate wimp music - Air Supply and like that.

K

Kizzy

I listen to everything even some of the ghetto cussword garbage and the wimp music. :lol:

Taz

REAL music

I'm more into the stuff that is hard to find-especially live. Deep blues like Muddy Waters or Miles Davis, heavy guitar like Stevie Ray Vaughan, a good horn like George Benson or John Coltrane, and of course Grover.

Vince

I like rock or country. NO Rap. Rock like Aerosmith, Santana, Tom Cockran, Dylan, Boston, etc. Even listen to some Classical.

:cool:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:smile: I was just listening to The Who and their "Won't Get Fooled Again", yesterday, and I still get a charge out of that song.
I've always liked AC/DC, Led Zepplin, The Temptations, Smokey Robinson, etc.

If there was a post on the Bob Dylan concert here, I missed it. Did anybody go?

Early reports I got from people told me it wasn't his best effort.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, everyone, what's in your CD player right now?

My six slots are filled with: Melissa Ethridge, Tony Orlando and Dawn, Bruce Springsteen, Golden Earring, Ballistic and Green Day.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by sleuth14
CD Player? :shrug:
...i haven't used a CD player is years...

I use them periodically, but really don't buy CDs much anymore. I burn my own after dowloading songs off the net, but will buy CDs of certain favorite artists here and there.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by laureng
I love mostly everything. R&B, HipHop, Rap, Country, Top 40, Classic Rock, etc... :dance: :banana:

The presets on my car radio are as follows:

93.9, 95.5, 99.1, 101.1, 98.7, 102.9, 99.5, 104.1, 101.5, 107.3

demsformd

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Okay, everyone, what's in your CD player right now?

My six slots are filled with: Melissa Ethridge, Tony Orlando and Dawn, Bruce Springsteen, Golden Earring, Ballistic and Green Day.

Vrai, my six slots are filled with Beatles CD called 1, Bob Dylan's greatest hits, George Harrison's All Things Must Pass, my wife's CD from a group called Train (it's something new and I have no clue what it's about), the Eagles, and Beethoven which I listen to when I am working in my home office. We have this great speaker system that allows our music to be heard in each room.

K

Kain99

Kenny Chesney, Guns and Roses, Good Charlotte. Only 3 slots filled right now. :biggrin:

willie

I've heard that you can get some bad stuff from downloading music like spyware and viruses. Is there any safe sites?

G

giggles04

Originally posted by laureng
The presets on my car radio are as follows:

93.9, 95.5, 99.1, 101.1, 98.7, 102.9, 99.5, 104.1, 101.5, 107.3

Mine is the same way!

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by willie
I've heard that you can get some bad stuff from downloading music like spyware and viruses. Is there any safe sites?

Its been a while since this was posted but have you ever looked into MIRC or usenet. I use both and have an extensive collection of music. (country music that is) However you can find anything and everything under the sun with these two avenues of music leeching.

Let me know if you need help setting this stuff up.