FBI And IRS Raid Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh's Home And Offices At City Hall

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Federal agents raided Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh's home, part of City Hall, and another location Thursday. Pugh is currently being investigated for receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars in payments for a self-published children's book from private companies that were subject to her influence.

An IRS spokeswoman tells NPR that the FBI and IRS carried out the early morning raid at Pugh's house, offices at City Hall and the Maryland Center for Adult Training — a nonprofit employee center whose board was once chaired by Pugh. The official would not confirm whether the raids are specifically related to Pugh's ongoing crisis over her book deals.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/25/7170...catherine-pughs-home-and-offices-at-city-hall

FBI and IRS agents on Thursday raided the home of Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh (D) as well as Baltimore City Hall, an FBI spokesman confirmed to the Baltimore Sun.

Dave Fitz, the FBI spokesman, told the newspaper that search warrants were executed at those locations as well as at the Maryland Center for Adult Training. Pugh previously led the nonprofit training program, according to the Sun.

More pics from FBI raid on City Hall pic.twitter.com/GigEhanBaA
— Peter Hermann (@phscoop) April 25, 2019
Lester Davis, a spokesman for acting Mayor Bernard C. "Jack" Young, told the newspaper that Young wasn't made aware of the raids in advance.

A spokesperson for Pugh did not immediately return a request for comment from The Hill.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...s-home-of-baltimore-mayor-baltimore-city-hall

limblips

PREMO Member
Baltimore, or East Chicago as I call it. The parallels are amazing. Crime, corruption, gun control and democrats.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.

Frosh? I thought it was John Bolton!

Federal agents raided Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh's home, part of City Hall, and another location Thursday.
Before we jump to conclusions..., isn't it possible the FBI is full of rabid fans of Pugh's books?

Why must we always assume something malicious?

Occam's Razor, baby! Occam's Razor!

(Sarcasm, baby! Sarcasm!)

--- End of Line (MCP)

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I hope they only find an illegal server. That way she will be in the clear.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Baltimore shouldn't be allowed to choose their own leaders. They are the worst voters in the US. This dummy, that last dummy, freaking Sheila Dixon - good grief, have those idiots ever voted someone into office who wasn't a crook?

officeguy

Feds had to step in because the Attorney General of the state of Maryland is to busy suing the Trump administration.

There is a state case underway, but its not done by Frosh directly but the 'State Prosecutor', a separate office whose job is to investigate corrupt officials (you would think that he's the busiest man in maryland, but apparently its a rather sleepy office).

BOP

Frosh? I thought it was John Bolton!

Before we jump to conclusions..., isn't it possible the FBI is full of rabid fans of Pugh's books?

Why must we always assume something malicious?

Occam's Razor, baby! Occam's Razor!

(Sarcasm, baby! Sarcasm!)

--- End of Line (MCP)
"Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life...." "Bright College Days" - Tom Lehrer

Midnightrider

Remember the OUTRAGE over the early morning raid at roger stones house? What happened? The same folks who were upset about that are cheering for a similar show of force at the Bmore mayors houses......

limblips

PREMO Member
Remember the OUTRAGE over the early morning raid at roger stones house? What happened? The same folks who were upset about that are cheering for a similar show of force at the Bmore mayors houses......

Yes I remember! That was when CNN was alerted to the raid ahead of time so they could film it. Imagine, only CNN was told about the raid. Why would they exclude other media?

Midnightrider

Yes I remember! That was when CNN was alerted to the raid ahead of time so they could film it. Imagine, only CNN was told about the raid. Why would they exclude other media?
You mean you were upset about a lie? Because there is Zero evidence that CNN was tipped off.
Besides, the outrage was over the show of force and the fact that they raided him at daybreak.
But why let reality get i the way....

BernieP

Resident PIA
The outrage wasn't the raid, it was that CNN and othe rmedia appeared to have been given the information in advance so they could broadcast the walk of shame.

glhs837

Power with Control
Except that this raid was performed during normal working hours upon someone who looks to have defrauded the govt of hundreds of thousands of dollars, and appears to have been carried by by normal officers wearing suits and FBI jackets, not at 5am with armed patrol boats and enough firepower to level a city block.

Stone raid

Pugh raid

stgislander

PREMO Member
Baltimore shouldn't be allowed to choose their own leaders. They are the worst voters in the US. This dummy, that last dummy, freaking Sheila Dixon - good grief, have those idiots ever voted someone into office who wasn't a crook?
And to top that off, the odds on favorite for the new Speaker of the House of Delegates is a delegate from... Baltimore City.

Midnightrider

Except that this raid was performed during normal working hours upon someone who looks to have defrauded the govt of hundreds of thousands of dollars, and appears to have been carried by by normal officers wearing suits and FBI jackets, not at 5am with armed patrol boats and enough firepower to level a city block.

Stone raid

View attachment 136696

Pugh raid

View attachment 136697 View attachment 136696 View attachment 136697
‘An IRS spokeswoman tells NPR that the FBI and IRS carried out the early morning raid at Pugh's house’

Tell that to the FBI and IRS, they think they conducted an early morning raid.

Where are your pics from the end of the Stone raid and the beginning of the ones in Bmore?

MiddleGround

Coleman Young was the mayor of Detroit for 30+ years through the 60s, 70s, and 80s. They just kept voting him in. It wasn't until the late 90s that the city finally said "Oops!"

glhs837

Power with Control
‘An IRS spokeswoman tells NPR that the FBI and IRS carried out the early morning raid at Pugh's house’

Tell that to the FBI and IRS, they think they conducted an early morning raid.

Where are your pics from the end of the Stone raid and the beginning of the ones in Bmore?
Maybe we dont have the beginning becuase CNN was notified ahead of time. I simply goggled FBI raid stone vand then FBI raid pugh, and these are the images that popped up. Maybe you can find Delta breaching the doors of City Hall, I cant. Maybe I"m wrong, go ahead and prove your point that they both started the same way.