FBI puts pressure on Apple to unlock Pensacola shooter’s phone

glhs837

Power with Control
Or in this case.... couldn't.

Again, this attack happened weeks ago. there is NO screaming emergency, no impending 9/11. Dont let them stampede you into supporting an amazing surveillance overreach. How far do you go? Should the FBI have access to listen to your Alexa, and view your Nest cameras? Hey, you got nothing to hide right? And maybe they can catch some knucklehead making bombs, right?

WingsOfGold

Again, this attack happened weeks ago. there is NO screaming emergency, no impending 9/11. Dont let them stampede you into supporting an amazing surveillance overreach. How far do you go? Should the FBI have access to listen to your Alexa, and view your Nest cameras? Hey, you got nothing to hide right? And maybe they can catch some knucklehead making bombs, right?
No Alexa or nest cameras unless you include a half dozen game cameras. (I have a useless flip phone remember) Guns??? Lost them all except for this lil 22 on a canoe trip. :)

Attachments

• 00000039.JPG
    00000039.JPG
    742.7 KB · Views: 32

glhs837

Power with Control
No Alexa or nest cameras unless you include a half dozen game cameras. (I have a useless flip phone remember) Guns??? Lost them all except for this lil 22 on a canoe trip. :)

Are you deliberately missing the point? This isnt about you and what gadgets you own, but your willingness to just wave sways everybody elses' privacy on their gadgets for your perception of being safer. I dont own those devices myself, but I dont think the govt should have a backdoor into everyone's digital life.

WingsOfGold

Are you deliberately missing the point? This isnt about you and what gadgets you own, but your willingness to just wave sways everybody elses' privacy on their gadgets for your perception of being safer. I dont own those devices myself, but I dont think the govt should have a backdoor into everyone's digital life.
Not trying to be evasive at all, a while back I asked you what your solution was... crickets. Again, YOUR solution? Wold you be opposed to every card carrying moslem or ex SDS member to not have locked phones for starters? You say they shouldn't have access to EVERYONE'S phones but would you make exceptions? If so you know someone is going to squawk.

glhs837

Power with Control
I think what we are doing now works just fine. Freedom, it works. It scary sometimes, it places you in danger that places where people are watched 24/7 dont have as much. I"m okay with that. You want into a specific phone, pay the money to a contractor or develop the tech to break into them one at a time. Damned if I'll ever support the govt having unlimited ability to overwatch citizens "just in case". And once you give the apple backdoor, then they'll want the Google backdoor, and the Amazon backdoor. I'll take my chances, thanks.

Spitfire

I think what we are doing now works just fine. Freedom, it works. It scary sometimes, it places you in danger that places where people are watched 24/7 dont have as much. I"m okay with that. You want into a specific phone, pay the money to a contractor or develop the tech to break into them one at a time. Damned if I'll ever support the govt having unlimited ability to overwatch citizens "just in case". And once you give the apple backdoor, then they'll want the Google backdoor, and the Amazon backdoor. I'll take my chances, thanks.

Greetings:

Exactly this.

Furthermore, it’s not like the backdoor shuts down when the government is finished with their use of it. It’s there, for nefarious actors including other nation states to use and abuse.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
once a back door is installed people besides Apple and the Feds will figure out how to exploit it