FDA bans JUUL ecigs

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not all ecigs, mind you, just JUUL.

Not sure how they can single out a particular brand for banning. If they banned ecigs, well, fascists gonna fascist; but when they ban one brand it's time to ask why.

JUUL must not have paid the Big Guy.

Reactions: BOP

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Not sure how they can single out a particular brand for banning. If they banned ecigs, well, fascists gonna fascist; but when they ban one brand it's time to ask why.

Nailed it.

HemiHauler

It's not a "ban". JUUL didn't provide enough data regarding toxicology that the FDA requires and as a result, sales are being temporarily suspended.

But heaven forbid you actually look into a news story rather than repeat by rote what your handlers give you.

:loser:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's not a "ban". JUUL didn't provide enough data regarding toxicology that the FDA requires and as a result, sales are being temporarily suspended.

But heaven forbid you actually look into a news story rather than repeat by rote what your handlers give you.

:loser:

The irony in this post is off the chart.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

But heaven forbid you actually look into a news story rather than repeat by rote what your handlers give you.:loser:
All they have to do is list their product as GRAS, Generally Regarded As Safe. It's what every man made chemical used in food manufacturing is listed under.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Federal Appeals Court Delays FDA’s Ban on Juul E-Cigarettes

A few days ago, federal regulators ordered all of the popular Juul e-cigarette products off the market, a move made by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) based on what it said was “inconsistent and conflicting data” on safety.

The Food and Drug Administration said it was denying Juul’s applications to continue selling the company’s e-cigarette device and prefilled cartridges in menthol and tobacco flavors. The big surprise was the reason: Rather than focusing on youth use, the agency said the company failed to provide sufficient information proving the products were safe — for people of any age.
The agency said some of the company’s study findings raised concerns about possible damage to DNA and “potentially harmful chemicals leaching” from the prefilled cartridges that contain liquid nicotine, flavorings and other chemicals.

GregV814

Well, I for one am not gonna stand by, literally, and take this ban without a fight!!! Thats right, JACK, just like the R V W, I am calling for political action and the attention temper tantrum acts like the oddball guy blocking a bridge today in DC with a sign that says "hands off my vagina" !!!

Tomorrow at noon, I am asking you guys to drop your SubWay sandwiches, come to the 7-11, (the one run by foreigners near the highway) with me and we'll have a 12:00 smoke out with JUUL...I will make cheapazz signs with slogans to hand out, and I'll call Marty Madden to report and give his 3rd rate observations of the uncivil unrest!!!

See ya there, bring the teenagers smothered in AXE body spray!!!

TPD

the poor dad
Well, I for one am not gonna stand by, literally, and take this ban without a fight!!! Thats right, JACK, just like the R V W, I am calling for political action and the attention temper tantrum acts like the oddball guy blocking a bridge today in DC with a sign that says "hands off my vagina" !!!

Tomorrow at noon, I am asking you guys to drop your SubWay sandwiches, come to the 7-11, (the one run by foreigners near the highway) with me and we'll have a 12:00 smoke out with JUUL...I will make cheapazz signs with slogans to hand out, and I'll call Marty Madden to report and give his 3rd rate observations of the uncivil unrest!!!

See ya there, bring the teenagers smothered in AXE body spray!!!
Why just teenagers smothered in AXE? Why can’t I smother myself in the AXE?!

SamSpade

That is the REASON the FDA did it. But the FDA has been after JUUL for advertising e-cigs to minors and trying to appeal to them as a safe alternative. Not unlike the brouhaha over the old Joe Camel thing - find a reason to shut down something you already wish to shut down.

I do personally find them MORE revolting than cigarettes, because my experience with people who vape seem to behave as though their smoke isn't at all revolting to others, as cigarette smokers are somewhat more aware of.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I do personally find them MORE revolting than cigarettes, because my experience with people who vape seem to behave as though their smoke isn't at all revolting to others, as cigarette smokers are somewhat more aware of.

Real question:

Why would vape be revolting to you? It's water vapor. It has no odor, it doesn't create clouds of smoke....because it's not smoke. If you were blindfolded you would be completely unaware of it. So why do you think it's revolting, and even more so than cigarettes?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Real question:

Why would vape be revolting to you? It's water vapor. It has no odor, it doesn't create clouds of smoke....because it's not smoke. If you were blindfolded you would be completely unaware of it. So why do you think it's revolting, and even more so than cigarettes?
Oh contraire. Many vapers used flavored vapes. Of which the smell can be overpowering and obnoxious. Like the smoke from cigars.