Federal Gov. Delayed Opening 16 Feb

MrX

High Octane
Federal Government Operating Status in the Washington, DC, Area

the following message applies only to Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Federal agencies in the Washington, DC, area are OPEN under a DELAYED ARRIVAL/UNSCHEDULED LEAVE policy. Employees should plan to arrive for work no more than 2 hours later than they would normally arrive, and employees who cannot report for work may take unscheduled leave.
This Means . . .

• Employees should plan their commutes so that they arrive for work no more than 2 hours later than they would normally arrive. Employees who arrive for work more than 2 hours later than their normal arrival time will be charged annual leave or leave without pay for the additional period of absence from work.
  • Employees who cannot report for work may request unscheduled leave for their entire scheduled workday.
  • Telework employees are expected to report for work on time.
  • Emergency employees are expected to report for work on time.
Posted on February 15, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Federal Government Operating Status in the Washington, DC, Area

the following message applies only to Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Federal agencies in the Washington, DC, area are OPEN under a DELAYED ARRIVAL/UNSCHEDULED LEAVE policy. Employees should plan to arrive for work no more than 2 hours later than they would normally arrive, and employees who cannot report for work may take unscheduled leave.
This Means . . .

• Employees should plan their commutes so that they arrive for work no more than 2 hours later than they would normally arrive. Employees who arrive for work more than 2 hours later than their normal arrival time will be charged annual leave or leave without pay for the additional period of absence from work.
  • Employees who cannot report for work may request unscheduled leave for their entire scheduled workday.
  • Telework employees are expected to report for work on time.
  • Emergency employees are expected to report for work on time.
Posted on February 15, 2010 at 7:30 PM
:gunshy:

I have to drive in tomorrow. Have to deliver too many Girl Scout cookies to take them on the bus. Hopefully Wednesday the Metro will keep the trains on the track.

S

shagger

Hopefully Wednesday the Metro will keep the trains on the track.

That has been a problem lately. Just be sure to bring some of those Girl Scout cookies with you in the event you will be trapped in a subway car for awhile!
:buddies:

tagryn

So I wonder what the commuter buses are going to do? Hopefully they run a normal schedule.
From MTA's email list, which includes Keller and Dillon:
Attention Commuter Bus Riders: On Tuesday, February 16, 2010, Commuter Bus will operate a FULL REGULAR schedule on all routes. Please keep in mind that many lots have reduced parking due to piles of snow.

Thank you for riding MTA Commuter Bus.
February 15, 2010 8:02 PM

D-35

Retired '08 PAX Navy _GS

From MTA's email list, which includes Keller and Dillon:

My apologies--sort of off topic...

Having grown up in Nippon, I adore Japanese art as well. I'm available and would love to compare notes.

Please advise. :coffee: